• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    All I can say is I've only seen the Left calling for people to unfriend them on my social media because of voting for Trump. If we disagree with anything, even respectfully, we are racist, bigots, hateful, ignorant, uneducated, etc.. Bizarre.
    I have a cousin who is leftist, and he has nothing to do with me because I "murder animals" and "hunting is no different than abortion". He was raised in a gun owning family who also hunted. He himself hunted when we were in our teens and early 20's. Now it's all wrong and he can't have anything to do with me. I try to contact him every once in awhile hoping he'll talk to me. He hasn't in many year's. My personal experience is the left is more prone to disown. I have not personally seen or experienced conservatives do that yet.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    Don't pretend it's not going both ways. That's the result of treating people who disagree with you politically as the enemy and then hyperpoliticizing everything. I've been beating the drum about Balkanization for awhile, but it's apparently only visible when "they" do it.
    The middle of the road must be a lonely place.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    The middle of the road must be a lonely place.

Maybe. I can have beliefs without needing to believe those who disagree are evil or my enemy nor do I have to be lockstep with any given party or group. I can even be friends with people I disagree with. I can be far right on border security and far left on marriage equality without suffering any sort of space/time rift. Most things, I probably am "middle of the road" on as I just don't care that much about the issue. Certainly not enough to jettison relationships I otherwise value over. It likely helps that I don't have social media (other than forums) and people tend to be more...socially agreeable in person.

More importantly, you don't make anyone friendly to your side by thinking of them and treating them like an enemy. I'm sure you can think of people you agreed with who made it real hard to do so just due to the way they presented the information. The "he's right, but I don't want to give him the satisfaction of admitting it" occasions.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    More importantly, you don't make anyone friendly to your side by thinking of them and treating them like an enemy. I'm sure you can think of people you agreed with who made it real hard to do so just due to the way they presented the information. The "he's right, but I don't want to give him the satisfaction of admitting it" occasions.

It has worked pretty well for the left.

Unless you believe the election was illegitimate.

Results always speak louder than words.

idkfa

personally invading Ukraine (vicariously)
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2019
    Hell
    Remind me which is which.

There's a whole lot of times I feel punished for disagreeing on INGO.

There are folks trying to drive out middle-right wingers from the GOP; they think they're the modern day St. Patrick driving out the snakes.

The attitudes and actions cross the lines.

Now, this is not excusing the woke left and their utter insanity for PC.
    Aww, are someone's feelings hurt now?
    Do you really need a reminder?!
    Let me remind you which side, to name a few,
    1) is pushing literal marxism into the children's heads,
    2) has fanned the flames of racial hatred to new heights,
    3) has instigated, supported, and let go unpunished a season of riots that cost $2-5Bn and several dozen lives,
    4) canonized a felon,
    5) is keeping hundreds of political prisoners in solitary confinement in the DC jail,
    6) supports literal pedophilia,
    7) is perfectly content with a senile pedophile and a prostitute in the White House,
    8) has opened the border and is moving illegal aliens by the hundreds of thousands into the interior of the country,
    9) has deprived people of their rights under the color of law for 18 months,
    10) is pushing an experimental drug with proven side effects onto the entire population,
    11) is content with killing children up to the moment of birth.

BuT mY FeElInGs WeRe HuRt bY tHe FoRuM mEmBeRs!

1627101845739.png

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Aww, are someone's feelings hurt now?
    Do you really need a reminder?!
    Let me remind you which side, to name a few,
    1) is pushing literal marxism into the children's heads,
    2) has fanned the flames of racial hatred to new heights,
    3) has instigated, supported, and let go unpunished a season of riots that cost $2-5Bn and several dozen lives,
    4) canonized a felon,
    5) is keeping hundreds of political prisoners in solitary confinement in the DC jail,
    6) supports literal pedophilia,
    7) is perfectly content with a senile pedophile and a prostitute in the White House,
    8) has opened the border and is moving illegal aliens by the hundreds of thousands into the interior of the country,
    9) has deprived people of their rights under the color of law for 18 months,
    10) is pushing an experimental drug with proven side effects onto the entire population,
    11) is content with killing children up to the moment of birth.

BuT mY FeElInGs WeRe HuRt bY tHe FoRuM mEmBeRs!

View attachment 149615

They simply refuse to acknowledge any of this and live in their own special world where nothing ever happens that might offend their sensibilities.

It's denial. And it gets more obnoxious every single day that they demand everyone around them lives in the same denial they do.

And if they do acknowledge it, they claim it's a crazy fringe tiny minority.

idkfa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2019
    Hell
    Maybe. I can have beliefs without needing to believe those who disagree are evil or my enemy nor do I have to be lockstep with any given party or group. I can even be friends with people I disagree with. I can be far right on border security and far left on marriage equality without suffering any sort of space/time rift. Most things, I probably am "middle of the road" on as I just don't care that much about the issue. Certainly not enough to jettison relationships I otherwise value over. It likely helps that I don't have social media (other than forums) and people tend to be more...socially agreeable in person.

It's not about disagreements on policy positions.
    It's literally about the preservation of this country.

Democrats, presently, for the most part, are low information voters. In my opinion, this is facilitated and propagated almost entirely by the media, who happen to be almost entirely on the left. The media supply a steady dose of high-quality propaganda, and the Democrat voters are running around preaching the same old lies about Trump calling Mexicans rapists or white supremacists good people.

People on the right are forced to find the information themselves, and they happen to cross-check multiple sources in the process. After the Election, they no longer trust Fox, and that made them very sensitive to other sources as well. Newsmax seemed promising, but they revealed they cannot be trusted either on several occasions.
    Basically, today, to loudly proclaim that you are "America First" is both suicide and an inalienable moral imperative.
    Therefore, those who claim that have taken a real, unwavering stance.
    There's no going back after having taken the red pill.

As to whether one would jettison a relationship over the other person supporting the destructive actions, it entirely depends on one's temperament and the understanding of the situation.
    Personally, I would not have a row with such an individual -- but I would not let anybody close to me without extreme vetting in the first place.
    (Of note, it is quite curious to me how polar opposites get married and have children. Truly mesmerizing.)

In my experience, it is my acquaintances on the left who sever our relationship once they find out that I support Donald J Trump and his America First policies. Strangers are even worse: they frequently try to abuse me verbally (100% of those are women of small stature).
    I, for one, do try talking to people who want to listen. The problem is, they quickly find out they are no match to my knowledge of politics, both modern and of yesteryear, history of the US and the world, my understanding of the justice system and crime statistics -- the list goes on.
    It's as if I can predict what the next thing they say is going to be.
    They get very sour very quickly.

idkfa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2019
    Hell
    I have a cousin who is leftist, and he has nothing to do with me because I "murder animals" and "hunting is no different than abortion". He was raised in a gun owning family who also hunted. He himself hunted when we were in our teens and early 20's. Now it's all wrong and he can't have anything to do with me. I try to contact him every once in awhile hoping he'll talk to me. He hasn't in many year's. My personal experience is the left is more prone to disown. I have not personally seen or experienced conservatives do that yet.
    Yup, it is what is being endorsed.
    So you get to be a bully and virtuous at the same time. It's a double shot of dopamine for the brain.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    The problem is, they quickly find out they are no match to my knowledge of politics, both modern and of yesteryear, history of the US and the world, my understanding of the justice system and crime statistics -- the list goes on.

This is the problem with so many on the radical left. They are clueless politically. They don't know how anything in government works. They don't know about geopolitical situations around the world. They don't understand that a hand full of billionaires can't have their holding liquidated and make everyone rich just due to math alone.

They've also never researched crime in any capacity beyond what they heard on vox or msnbc.

I've only known a couple people I would consider communist leaning who actually understood all of these things, but they also don't believe communism is viable outside of a commune, and that our current economic system is more or less a necessary evil.

One thing you will NEVER find is people who understand all of these things and are ALSO hugely left wing socially. When I said hugely left wing socially, I don't mean just okay with gay marriage, I mean people who want to police language and believe men can give birth.

Hell I was showing someone the other day the test that leftists considered "racist" that people had to complete before voting. All the test required is the ability to circle a letter to prove you're literate enough to decide the future of the country. Yet the communists of today think this was some holocaust tier atrocity.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Cults always try to isolate inductees from their family members. Our child soldiers are just older than the ones in Africa, at least so far. With them teaching CRT in schools who knows

Top Bottom