• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pleiades

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    My friend wanted to go shoot with me, so I sent her to buy ammo. She had heard that ZX Guns was in town, so she stopped in there to see if they had 9mm target ammo... first, she was not greeted when she walked in - ok. That's not the experience I had when I went there. But the thing that made me hot was she told me that they LAUGHED at her when she asked if they had an 9mm target ammo! :xmad:

I took her to Freedom Firearms who not only had 9mm target ammo, they also had a nice BIG box of .22lr. AND they had excellent customer service. Maybe they are nicer to women since the owner is a woman...and she knows her guns.

I certainly hope that ZX Guns staff had an off day and this won't happen to any other females who dare to venture in their doors.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    My friend wanted to go shoot with me, so I sent her to buy ammo. She had heard that ZX Guns was in town, so she stopped in there to see if they had 9mm target ammo... first, she was not greeted when she walked in - ok. That's not the experience I had when I went there. But the thing that made me hot was she told me that they LAUGHED at her when she asked if they had an 9mm target ammo! :xmad:

I took her to Freedom Firearms who not only had 9mm target ammo, they also had a nice BIG box of .22lr. AND they had excellent customer service. Maybe they are nicer to women since the owner is a woman...and she knows her guns.

I certainly hope that ZX Guns staff had an off day and this won't happen to any other females who dare to venture in their doors.

With attitudes like this, such cretins will drive away women wanting to get into shooting, and the rest of us lose their support in the fight to preserve the 2d A. And they should get anyone's dollar votes because?

:twocents:

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    First time I have ever read anything good about Freedom Firearm's customer service. Maybe they finally hired some good people.

I always had good experience at Freedom, all I have read here is bashing. Glad for improvement.

Ripper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    Earth
    First time I have ever read anything good about Freedom Firearm's customer service. Maybe they finally hired some good people.

I always had good experience at Freedom, all I have read here is bashing. Glad for improvement.

I thought the op had a well written explanation of the events...

for a freedom tv commercial!

Last edited:

concrete dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Goshen

I'm sure someone from ZX will be along shortly to explain the problem...

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Maybe they just laughed cause it's hard to find 9mm, for the last few months?

^This. And maybe they didn't get the memo that when it come to guns and ammo you have to bow down and treat your customers like the bloody Queen of England. - I can say this because I'm half British ;)

But in all seriousness. I think when some of us go into an establishment where we already feel less than confident we can be a little sensitive.

Crydaddy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 30, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    at other gun shops ,i always get a chuckle when i ask about certain reloading equipments. then again, i know the people i buy the stuff of. maybe the salesperson was just getting too comfortable with the customer? maybe the customer was sensitive?

I have defended hand h before but after 4 bad experience from them I will never set foot in that establishment ever again!!!!

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    ZX is bad about treating women like they don't know what they need or what they want.
    If anyone reading this does not know me, I have a long history of working in gun stores and then owning my own. They did not know this when I took my daughter to a gun show in Northern Indiana (where she lives) looking for a gun she could rack the slide on. We were basically told a .22 would be the best thing for her since she had trouble with so many slides and a .22 was a GREAT defensive gun.
    Now before anyone says, yes a .22 can be a good defensive round, would you put your 19 year old daughter into a .22 for defensive purposes? I won't and we were able to find a nice 9mm H&K & also a Glock that she could rack the slide on. We didn't get the H&K from ZX though and I haven't given them the time of day since.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    I was in the store on Wed & Thurs and I did see the employees laugh at a comment made by a lady on Wed.
    She walked into the store, looked at the wall of AR 15's, and asked if they had any Bazooka's.
    Everyone knew she was being facetious and they ended up showing her several handguns.
    I have several friends who work at different LGS and every one of them says that numerous times a day they have people asking for 9mm, 40S&W, 45ACP, or whatever other caliber is as rare as an honest Politician, and it becomes a running joke.
    :twocents:

ZX Gun

ZX Gun
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    We have always employed women in our stores and show the same respect for our female customers and we would absolutely not tolerate any mistreatment or disrespect towards them at any time. If there is an incident that needs our immediate attention that would require any disciplinary action, please contact us with details so we can deal with this as soon as possible. As evidence of our support towards women and women's shooting sports the owner of the stores wife (who ran the store for 5 years) and two daughters are avid shooters and participants in the 4H shooting sports. Any questions or concerns please email us at sales@zxgun.com, as this is how we would prefer to deal with any and all customer services issues.

***** A 22LR is preferred over no weapon at all. Any gun is better than no gun in any situation.

danmrt868

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    ft. wayne
    Was there opening day and seen a women get helped with no problems and it was super busy. Maybe she was just a little touchy and should relax a little. And if she really felt offended she should say something. And yes freedom may have some ammo but most of the guys in there are rude to me every time i ask about 22lr or 9mm. They roll there eye's laugh. But i still go from time to time and see if its there and if they are rude i Say something. jmo

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I went into Macy's the other day and wasn't greeted upon entering... Should I start a thread about?
    Even worse was the way they greeted the wife... I think she may spend too much time in there...

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    ***** A 22LR is preferred over no weapon at all. Any gun is better than no gun in any situation.

You are correct, it is better than nothing at all, but would you help fit a 9mm or just go straight for the 22 if it was your daughter? Your sales guy went straight for the 22 after a revolver was discussed and shut down. It took a bit of time, but the fit was found and we bought what fit, elsewhere.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner

Could be that it just depends on who's working that day. (The personality of the employees).
    As for myself, I haven't been back to H&H/Freedom since my own lovely experience.
    With all the choices now, I don't see a need to either.
    As with all things, YMMV.

Maybe they just laughed cause it's hard to find 9mm, for the last few months?
    I'm betting that's probably real close to the truth.
    A month or so ago, a small group of customers and employees were having a very in-depth discussion about primers and why it was so hard to get small pistol ones... after the conversation went from manufacturing to hoarding to conspiracy theories and the last word was said, in walked a guy who said, "Got any small pistol primers??" ~Everybody cracked up.
    So... it could all be something that was going on before that lady ever walked into the joint.

Nayls47

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2009
    Noble County
    I'm betting that's probably real close to the truth.
    A month or so ago, a small group of customers and employees were having a very in-depth discussion about primers and why it was so hard to get small pistol ones... after the conversation went from manufacturing to hoarding to conspiracy theories and the last word was said, in walked a guy who said, "Got any small pistol primers??" ~Everybody cracked up.
    So... it could all be something that was going on before that lady ever walked into the joint.

LOL ! that was probably me. Gotta check even though the odds are slim. :rofl:

Top Bottom