• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pftraining_in

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    IN: South of I-70
    During the 08 duck season I harvested my first Pintail drake. This was a bird that I have sought after for some time and was amazed when the bird came in to our spread that foggy morning. The bird's position was perfect resulting in very little damage to the bird and the morning was cool helping to preserve the bird. As soon as I seen the condition of the bird I was convinced that I would get the bird mounted.

Buck's Pro Mount Taxidermy was recommended to me by a friend who had seen his work and had a buck mounted by him. I called the owner Todd Buchanan and ask the best way to preserve the duck until I could get to his shop. He recommended that I fold the wings against the body and tuck the head under one of the wings, then roll the bird in newspaper. After the wrap, I placed the bird in the freezer until time to meet Todd.

Upon delivering the bird Todd was helpful with answering questions and knew exactly what I wanted after I described my ideal mount. Todd uses a computer tracking system for tracking his entries and for storing contact information. Todd had several examples of his work on hand confirming he was the guy for the job. During the long wait, Todd was easy to contact and would reply to phone calls by either returning a call or sending an email with in a few hours.

Just over a year later my bird was finished. After seeing other duck mounts made by other Taxidermist I was optimistic on what the end results would be. All that was put to rest when I picked up the mount and saw the excellent work he had done. The body was properly formed to the proper dimensions and the neck was the proper diameter. Several other ducks that I have seen mounted by other Taxidermist commonly have under sized necks resulting in a unnatural look. The feet were properly colored and the beak is painted perfectly. No seams are visible and the wings and tail are properly extended.

Prior to harvesting the bird I had won at auction a Pintail matted print at a NWTF banquet. When placed together on the wall, the mount surpasses the quality of the print.

If anyone is looking for a quality Taxidermist, I would highly recommend Buck Pro Mount in Fairland Indiana.

Buck's Pro Mount Taxidermy
    9039 N. Pumpkinvine Rd
    Fairland, IN
    317-861-4783
    Buck's Pro Mount Taxidermy

PintailwithPicture.jpg

PintailBack.jpg

PintailHead.jpg

PintailWing.jpg

Top Bottom