• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Two of my brothers had new babies in the last 4 months. I asked them if they had stocked up since they have new babies. One brother I thought had his head screwed on, the other is just not on the same playing field.....

We talked about the kids and stuff they need. I asked them if they were able to take care of the baby if they had to stay home for an extended stay.

Other than one baby getting breast fed, they have only about a week of stuff for the kids. We talked about what they have at home for the rest of the families, and its not much that would get any of them past a week or 10 days.....:xmad:

The both said something that made me wonder......"why stock up since there are two grocery stores just blocks away from us"

Both of them are using the grocery stores as the family pantry. :dunno: It sounds like they make daily trips to the place to restock.

I told them to look out for the families and have at least 2 weeks food and water as a start. Just sent them a nice email reminder and will see what is going to be tossed back my way. I even told them it would free up time for other things.

Even years back with my first kid, I had built up a cushion for supplies, just because I hate going to the store more then I have to! I bet I remind both of them twice a year to get it together for protecting the rest of thier family and it falls on deaf ears.

Bisley Man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Whitestown
    Patience,Longbow. Some people think having some extra food stored away is OK, others think why? Even after Katrina, the'78 blizzard, Kentucky ice storms....etc.,these folks think they simply go to the store down the block, and it's OK. It won't be OK when a MAJOR ice storm has a 50 square mile region in a blackout.( what do you mean you won't take my credit card?) Keep after your brothers and pray for the best.

Big John

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Some men you just can't reach..

I have given up on trying to get through to my family, my mother has only just started come around and even now she only does it to keep me off her back when I go to her house I think.

For some it will take a personal SHTF before they see the light.

Do like I do and put back extra because you know you won't let them starve and they know you have stores I would bet.

Interloper

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    For the safety of those babies, it is good that their Uncle is bringing up the discussion. The Dad's will catch on, keep the discussion going. :yesway:

ocsdor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    The problem with family members, especially mine, is that they often are too arrogant to acknowledge that you may know something that they don't, and should listen and follow what you have to say.

I just experienced this over the weekend (over 9/11 issues). Instead of comparing facts and having a conversation, he would rather 1-up me and try to "win the argument" by dominating the conversation (i.e. talk for three minutes and give me 15 seconds to respond).

The best way to make it through this upcoming crisis is to work and share ideas with like-minded individuals. Let the arrogants, deny-ers, and know-it-alls learn the hard way; even your relatives. If they don't respect your opinion now, then don't let them "respect" your food supply later. Otherwise, they will take you down with them.

And, speaking of my brother, he told me his SHTF plan was to just kill others and take their food and supplies! So, let that be a warning to all of us to be on guard.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    had a follow up talk with both today.

Started out with baby stuff, moved to gearing up.......both said the wive's don't think that is a good idea and they don't have the space for it.....:xmad:

I think the fall back plan for both of them is going back to my parents house and eating thier food and using the extra bedrooms.....

Oh well I tried, my kids at least get it and most of the time my wife is on the same page.

Last edited:

Bisley Man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Whitestown
    Man, I know how you feel. I'm NOT a big prepper,(I do what I can) but always had SOME extra food and water,guns, flashlights,batteries,radio,etc. Some friends and relatives get it, or get "part" of it But the ones who want a gun, but WON'T get one,:dunno: have no or one flashlight(I loan them mine:rolleyes:) drives me nuts :rolleyes:And when you try to help someone and it's like throwing away money,:xmad: well join the club, sir. Just rant to us, as we rant, to let it out and move on:patriot: It is harder to do that with loved ones.

Top Bottom