Their position on this has changed my future behavior!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    This is a thread that spawned from another located here... https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/the_2nd_amendment/171413-is_it_hypocritical_of_actors-2.html

I can think of many times people here on INGO hear a report and announce a decision based on a single item to not (insert action here). The "action" may be...(not all INGO examples but stuff I thought of that seems similar.)

Examples of what I'm talking about.

-Political candidate that has one line item you don't agree with...no vote for you!
    -You find out your dentist takes Medicaid and you are opposed to all forms of gov. support....Don't go to that dentist?
    -The thread on State Farm and their -3 positions on guns and training...I wouldn't use them.
    -Places of business that are not 2A friendly...no business from me.
    -My MD pushes the issue of asking about my guns at home, I changed my MD, or it wasn't a big enough a deal to find a new one.

I'm curious of examples you can remember having to think about and decide whether or not it was a big enough of a deal to limit or exclude that person or business or service from your list of possibilities. This is kind of an INGO reminiscing thread where you can share when it has made you think and change your life behavior in some way.

Where do these past experiences lie on the scale from "that was a game changer for me" to "I'll keep it in mind but not a big deal".
    I sometimes get the impression that some people are very all or nothing on everything. Personally that doesn't seem practical or healthy but at times I envy those folks. I'll stop rambling, what are your thoughts on the matter?
    Please share.

Last edited:

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I'll start, I put my tail between my legs and do not OC at Star-bucks after hearing about (I'll have to look it up)'s experience being proned out there. :D

I can honestly say I wouldn't use State Farm for insurance but only because there are others to use and it makes it a little to no sacrifice move on my part to do so. (when it is easy why not make a stand right.)

I can say there are actors that I am less likely to watch a movie they are in because of their political views but it really takes second stage to the quality of the movie itself.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Sorry, there has been nothing that changed my behavior that I read on INGO. I don't take most of this stuff all that seriously.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Sorry, there has been nothing that changed my behavior that I read on INGO. I don't take most of this stuff all that seriously.

I don't mean to give INGO or the members credit for the information, I'm mostly talking about news stories and the resulting discussions with people that invariably have a different take on them than me. Surely you are still learning new information in your life and haven't taken the stance that there is nothing more in the world to learn that is worthy of reconsidering your thoughts on a subject. :dunno:

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT

images

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I was told by an INGO member that BW3 in Lafayette does not allow OC. I used to go occasionally. I haven't been there since.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I have made it a point to not do business with mom and pop, non "chain" mexican restaurants due to the higher probability of illegal immigrants on staff so I don't support them. I did ask a manager at one restaurant if all of his employees were in the country legally and he told me that if it mattered that I shouldn't come back into his restaurant.

And yes I realize they are everywhere, I said higher probability.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    I have completely boycotted anything Jane Fonda, there is actually a couple of flix that she is in, and I can't bring myself to see them. This has nothing to do with INGO, just the fact that I'm not big enough to forgive her for turning her back on our service men for doing their duty.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    I can't say I've ever decided to change my future actions based solely on an INGO tidbit. I'm a trust but verify kinda guy, and there's quite a bit of BS that gets floated out there. (I'm still looking for the legendary SEAL Sig P226 in 10mm, sounds like an awesome gun!)

But in the general spirit of the thread:
    I learned on another gun board that Springfield 1911 frames are forged in Brazil, and that bothers me so I don't consider Springer 1911s for purchase.

Other than that, I can't think of much. I'm a pretty stubborn SOB and it takes a lot to make me change my mule-headed ways.

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    I am one that likes to find out the facts for myself. So I can't really say that this internet board, or any other has been the defining source for my deciding something. But there are things that I have become aware of on here or other places that I have looked into myself and made a consiensious decision about.

That being said, kthere are times in life that you just have to suck it up and deal with things that you don't agree with. We can't always have it our way, life is not Burger King.

There are multiple business's that I choose not to spend money at based on their anti-gun policy, of which I learned of on here and verified myself. One example, Hooters.

I stopped listening to Pearl Jam after sitting through one of their concerts where in Eddie Vetter went on through out the show doing nothing but spewing his political rhetoric between songs.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    There are certainly businesses I refuse to patronise, because of how they've treated fellow gunners. I like a good heads up on these issues. It saves me the hassle of finding it out for myself the hard way.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    OK, agreed, but some things DO change ..... I have OC'D in public, MORE, since joining here, and I did the OC walk last year, and I would not even have known about it if not for INGO ..... and I have more shooting partners ..... now .....

Top Bottom