I destroyed my Mosin 91/30....Purists Beware!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • caddywhompus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Pendleton
    I bought this 1938 91/30 Mosin Nagant from a fellow INGO member. It came in original wood but was a little rough and full of cosmoline. After a thorough cleaning and some steel wool on the rust spots, I shot a light coat of Rustoleum on the trigger group and underside of the barrel. I wasn't thrilled with the stock as it was and decided to paint it. Only have $100 in the gun so why not? This is how my first* rifle stock paint job came out. Let me know what you think! :ingo:

20us6yh.jpg

2s16mmr.jpg

66hx91.jpg

2qmm0cl.jpg

XDinmyXJ

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    Columbus, IN
    Looks good to me. I am picking an M44 up this weekend or maybe tomorrow if I find one at the pawn shop. I was thinking about doing an OD green or something on the stock.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    The camo is very nice, and I like the colors, they really "fit" the gun itself, it looks great....I just could not do that to any of mine. All of mine are 30's era guns, so I have to go on the assumption that they were likely to have been used during WWII, I just couldn't do that. It looks really nice though.

Indyvet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    That looks really cool and unique. Can't say I have seen a Mosin look like that. You may start a new trend.

schapm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    When I saw the title I thought you had a KB. That would've shocked me. Your paint job is nice. Looks like something you can be proud of.

steif

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    mosin

Look, the way I see it, it looks good, you are happy, that's all that matters. They are fine rifles, and you gotta remember that you can go and buy one for $100 or less if you catch them on sale at Dunhams. It's not like it's a thousand dollar k98 or 03 springfield. I have a few mosins, and I enjoy them more than the collectors guns I have that's worth some money, cause I can knock them around and shoot them. I have a K43 I am won't shoot because I am afraid of cracking the forearm..lol..
    Looks good, by the way, much better than I could have done.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    Good job destroying a piece of history, champ.

LOL. People like this amuse me. There are millions of mosins. It's nothing special.

That's like saying modifying a volkswagon beetle is bad because it has been around for a long time. Do what you want: there's tons of em!

That said, nice mosin. I may just buy one to paint!

dbd870

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    I was prepared for the worst - and instead I actually really like how that came out. :yesway:

Top Bottom