• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Knight 1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    South indianapolis
    Just purchased a few days ago and can't be happier. Very ugly rifle but shoots on the dime with iron sights. Put 200 rounds through with 3 shooters and all were more than pleased with it's accuracy.

While I own Glocks, Rugers, Colts, S&Ws, Bersas etc I consider myself a Glock and Ruger guy (I know Glocks are ugly too) so perhaps this HP fits in the Glock looks category.

I know there are those who hate Highpoints but there are also those who only give opinions after using the product, I guess I could use both.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    I like mine... Fun to shoot, just don't care for the plastic stock..

HP995.jpg

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    I like mine... Fun to shoot, just don't care for the plastic stock..

Mine is the best shooting $100 gun I ever bought. I went and got one of the ATI stocks, make it look really good but didnt fit me worth a crap. I shoot mine better with the old planet of the apes stock.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I've had one for a good while and love it. Only problem I had with it was with the ProMags. They were inconsistent and generally had FTF's. Bent the lips in some and not had a problem since. The missus likes shooting it with the red dot on it.
    I saw a couple of stock ones at the Lafayette gun show last weekend for $325 each. Mine was new and about a 1/3 that price. Maybe since they're black people think they are going to be banned. :laugh:

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    I love mine. Most complaints and badmouthing are from non-owners who've never tried them. Unconditional No Questions Lifetime Warranty that they stand behind makes it an ever bigger +.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I've had one for a good while and love it. Only problem I had with it was with the ProMags. They were inconsistent and generally had FTF's. Bent the lips in some and not had a problem since. The missus likes shooting it with the red dot on it.
    I saw a couple of stock ones at the Lafayette gun show last weekend for $325 each. Mine was new and about a 1/3 that price. Maybe since they're black people think they are going to be banned. :laugh:

That last sentence needs a coma :laugh:

ag563

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Delphi, Indiana
    yes, I have the 995 TS & love it, its fun to shoot. I also have an AR-15 but the 9 mm is a lot less $$$ to shoot. I have both Glock & Hi Point pistols, they both have a place.

ag563

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Delphi, Indiana

I saw them too,at the table next to the other Dave:ingo:, I guess the price is going up, I gave $280 for mine, about a year ago.

g3man

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    I too have one of these ugly ducklings. I didn't intentionally buy it. It came in an all or nothing deal that I had made with a guy for a few guns and knives. Needles to say I kept the thing and it actually is extremely fun to shoot. It is actually more comfortable than the Beretta Storm. I just wish they were double stack mags. It would be perfect if they would have used Glock mags.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I had one and it shot great. My only complaint was the tiny mag opening and the little single stack mags didn't make for rapid reloads.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Love mine. Have one of the newer models. Funny thing--I showed it to Chudly (INGO handle). He and I go to church together. He didn't even shoot it and went out and got one. Was at a gathering of our Men's Bible Study a few weeks ago and yet another guy from the group purchased one because of the one Chudly had. They are contagious.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Lacie-9mm.jpg

That's my Grand Daughter Lacie shooting. It was the first time she ever fired a firearm. As you can tell from her smile she definitely loved it.
    I've since removed the front sight post and rear sight and put a red dot on it. She's very accurate with it. I wish it took Glock 17 mags as well. Or at lest a double stack. I have a couple ProMag 15 rounders that work after I modified the feed lips.

(Before anyone freaks out I used a wireless remote for the camera that was sitting on a tripod.)

El-Cigarro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Seen one at Jerry's in Rensselaer for a hunert and a half, I think. Call to ask first in case I'm wrong...... ;)

TR1032

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    Johnson County
    Mine has been perfectly reliable and fun to shoot. I looked into building a 9mm AR, buying a Sub-2000 or the 995. Went with the 995 after reading some good reviews and holding one. For me, it feels more comfortable than the Sub-2000. Finding it much cheaper than the other two options didn't hurt either.

jontz

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    I could spit into Michigan
    I love my 995TS. I am also friends with Chudly and I bought one as soon as I shot his. I'm pretty sure the only people who have something bad to say about the 995 are the ones who have never shot one. Accurate, cheap, and reliable. Throw in a lifetime warranty on top of it all? What's not to love?

Top Bottom