• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mjblazor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 28, 2011
    I purchased a sporterized Mosin with a Busnell Banner scope mounted. Not sure if that will hold up well under the recoil. I have not shot yet and I know nothing about scopes but will that scope hold up under the recoil of Mosin? If not, any suggestions? I don't want to pay alot to scope an inexpensive rifle but don't want to pay alittle a bunch of times either. Appreciate any advice or help.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Only way to find out will be to use it. you'll get a million different opinions on scopes an what to go with. Best advice I can give is get the best you can afford, an do your homework on them. Read as many reviews and that sort of thing before you buy. But as a genral rule you do get what you pay for when it comes to scopes. Good luck

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I don't want to pay alot to scope an inexpensive rifle but don't want to pay alittle a bunch of times either. Appreciate any advice or help.

i have alot of customers who want glass quality swarovski, tracking of nighforce, durribility of s&b etc, but they only want to spend 100 bucks. bottom line is you cant have your cake and eat it to. for quality you have to spend money. you dont have to spend 1000 bucks but a resonable amount.

as far as the bushnell i think you are asking the limit of your scope. if i had to GUESS (thats all you wil get from anyone is a guess) id say it will be fine. the problem is the only way to know for certain is to shoot it and see if it breaks.

the key imo is to deal with a company who will make it right if it does break

mjblazor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 28, 2011
    thanks for response. I can probably afford $200 but not sure if I should put that kind of money into Mosin cuz will don't know if a $200 scope will take the recoil? I'm hoping someone who actually has scoped a Mosin with a scope that has been good and reliable can chime with advice. I've never bought a scope other than rimfire and still haven't been able to zero it in.

mjblazor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 28, 2011
    Thanks, sounds like maybe the best advice is to just buy a good scope first and then one day pick up a cheap rifle. It's like having a hot girlfriend and then having to marry her before "shooting" her (not with bullets).

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    thanks for response. I can probably afford $200 but not sure if I should put that kind of money into Mosin cuz will don't know if a $200 scope will take the recoil? I'm hoping someone who actually has scoped a Mosin with a scope that has been good and reliable can chime with advice. I've never bought a scope other than rimfire and still haven't been able to zero it in.

i carry a scope that has held up to a 300 winny for atleast 300 rounds that i know of. its still running strong. if it ever does break the company will ship you a new one in about a week no questions ask. actually they are the only company that im aware of that covers stupid. if you take your scope and run it over with a dump truck and it breaks they will fix or replace it free.

oh ya and the scope im refering to runs anywhere from 170-300 depending on options. there are 9 under 200 bucks. here is a link to their line. dont pay alot of attention to their prices i sell a good bit cheaper than what they show.

Vortex Optics - Diamondback Riflescopes

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    my site isn't really up and running yet. as of now i prefer to deal with folks on a case to case bases. give me a call (765) 580-0986 and ill be more than happy to discuss your options with you. i like the customer interaction that comes from a phone call and personally i feel alot better about doing business with a man ive never met if i have atleast had a conversation with him.

when on the vortex site read there warrenty info
    http://www.vortexoptics.com/content/vip_warranty

its very easy to type out a page like that and not follow threw with it. but if you do some reseach on there warrenty praticies i highly doubt you will find 1 bad experiance. i kow i have never heard of any dissatisfied customers

Top Bottom