• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pitmaster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    South Bend, IN
    This is one of, if not the best opinion pieces I have ever read. Well worth your time. The whole piece is to long to post so you will need to follow the link.

By Barry Snell, barry.snell@iowastatedaily.com | Posted: Friday, May 3, 2013 12:00 am

Along with bombs and bombers, guns seem to be all the media wants to talk about these days. Death is sexy to our miscreant media, especially when people are killed on purpose. And when that happens, it’s all the newspapers and news stations will print and broadcast, in turn making these events appear worse than they are in reality.

To understand this, one need only look at the difference in coverage between the Texas fertilizer plant explosion, which killed at least 14 confirmed people and injured 200 more at the time of writing this, versus the coverage of the Boston Marathon bombing, which only killed three and injured a hundred others. Texas was on TV for a day, tops, while we’re still hearing about Boston and will for many weeks to come.

Where the media really didn’t care too much about the Texas incident, once a kid was killed at a race, the Boston bombing is now a foil for everything from gun control to immigration in the wake of Sandy Hook, with both sides of the political spectrum using it against the other. What about Texas, you ask? Nothing but crickets chirping from the mainstream media at the moment. Recent studies have shown that people who consume large amounts of mass media often feel more insecure, are less informed, or can’t distinguish between news and what passes as news, what with all the opinion you’ll find in news today.

But when it comes to something as deadly serious as guns and crime, Americans can’t afford the media hyperbole, misinformation and disinformation.

Continue

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    DUPE
    yoda_ibtl.jpg

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    This is an excellent article, I've tweeted it and shared it on my FB wall... We can only hope that the current administration and those who do not understand the issue heed the warning!

Popeye81

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    That's some POWERFUL writing.Gun grabbers wanna disarm the people so that they can control the people. The "save the kids" BS is them trying to mislead the sheeple into falling in line for slaughter.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Waking the dragon — How Feinstein fiddled while America burned

This is an EXCELLENT article on why we gun owners CAN'T come to the table with the anti-gun crowd.
    Exactly. This quote from the article says it all.

How can we “gun people” honestly be expected to come to the table with anti-gunners when anti-gunners are willfully stupid about guns, and openly hate, despise and ridicule those of us who own them? There must first be respect and trust — even just a little — before there can be even the beginnings of legitimate discussion of the issue.

We as gun owners are the ones that are labeled as unreasonable. Yeah right. :rolleyes:

Scott223

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 9, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Article

That was a great article. I have not seen anything like that before but i am gad someone finally said it. I just hope that last part does not come to pass. I cannot imagine a worse thing happening here and pray to god that my kids deon't have to live through that:patriot:

EnochRoot43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 14, 2010
    Anderson
    Thanks for sharing this. Powerful writing. I shared it on my insignificant little facebook, maybe hopefully even one person will take the time to read it and have an illuminating experience.

Top Bottom