• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I walk into the local funstore... no plans on buying anything. Right, isn't that how it always goes?

I've become a fan of the Ruger LCP over the last 1.5 or so. Mine really changed the way I felt about pocket pistols after having my taste ruined by a bad experience with a Kel-Tec P3AT.

I've often told myself that if Kahr made a .380 as nice as my CW9 I probably couldn't resist. Well they did, and I couldn't.

831385715_kjjC8-L.jpg

It's about the same size as my LCP and one night higher on the quality of components and finish. It sets nicer in my hand and it has REAL sights! What's not to love?

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    What does it mean when your 666th post is for a handgun made by the Moonies? That seems like bad Mo-Jo to me!

Nice gun BTW.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Looks great!! I can't wait to see one for myself!! I love my CW 9 and think it would be a great addition, Let us know who the range time goes on it!!

nova512

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    west side of indy
    ive shot both the lcp and the kahr,, imo the kahr is much better but for some reason we dont know why the kahr was stove pipeing with ball ammo premium ammo cycled 100%

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Congrats on the purchase; what shop did you find it in?

I've wanted a P380 since rumors first started swirling that Kahr was going to build it. My friend and fellow INGO member mac238 bought one last year and let me shoot it (https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns/48871-kahr_p380_review.html), and I was totally sold. That said, they've been nigh on impossible to come by in my neck of the woods, and pricing has been sky high until recently. Just yesterday, I won a Gunbroker auction, and my very own P380 should be in my hot little hands sometime next week! :rockwoot:

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I stumbled on it at Blythes Gun Shop in Valparaiso. I was at MidWest Gun Exchange looking for one recently and they said they were few and far between.

Yes, it's expensive but price really isn't a concern for me. I'm more interested in quality, ergonomics, reliability, durability, etc. From what I've seen, the P380 is by far the best built .380 on the market right now. I'll know more once I get to put it through its paces Saturday. But the ergonomics are amazing. Whereas the LCP sits much higher in your hand, the P380 sits deeper and has a more traditional feel. It feels like a regular handgun.

Looking at the innards... well, it's simply Kahr. Very well made, fine attention to detail and the quality looks to be second to none.

But the proof is in the pudding. If it shoots like it looks, it will be a keeper. If not, it won't be.

Larryjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Portland, IN
    I saw this same weapon a few days back somewhere and really liked it. Congratulations on your purchase. Do let us know how it shoots.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    How does this compare in quality and feel to the sig P238?

Having handled both, I'd say quality and feel are quite similar, but the SIG is slightly wider (by virtue of its separate grip panels and thumb safety) and heavier (metal frame). Make your choice based upon which action type you prefer (single action for the SIG, double action only for the Kahr) - you won't be disappointed either way.

Top Bottom