• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NEOCON

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Warrick county
    Been looking for a G26 or a Ruger LCP. I am wanting this weapon for carrying in the summer time when the G19 won't hide. I've not had any luck finding a LCP and am really questionable about the first year new product thing as I have heard of some early issues. I really just want to fondle one more that anything probably to convince myself it is too small. Now neither of my dealers has a G26 in stock and I do like to buy local and from my dealers if I can. One of them has a G27 with night sights and mag extension LNIB very few rounds and no wear on it for $490. I have never had a .40 and really don't want one for no other reason than that I have so much 9mm ammo already. I did check out a couple other weapons today too.
    XD9 compact, Just doesn't do it for me nice weapon though.
    Kahr cw9, I wish it was the smaller one but I am trying to stay around $500
    PPKs, .380 but nice feel and the perfect size a little more $
    sig p232, Again very nice feel, perfect size should be a great gun but .380 and a little more $
    Keltec p3at, well just feels like a toy but easy to carry.
    Keltec pf9 light, nice size would not be worried about carry scuffs and scratches, just feels kind of cheap which it is. Wonder about durability.

Any words of wisdom? I don't bleed for any certain brand but I do like my G19 a lot and have great experiences with the Sigs too. I am ready to get the G27 and replace the barrel with a 9mm so I can use either caliber in it.
    How about some input?

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Sounds like the G26 would be your best bet, considering you already have a 19. Interchangeable magazines is nice.

I'm sure you can find one for a better price than $490. Check out the firearms classifieds at GlockTalk.com.

NEOCON

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Warrick county
    What about the used g27 local with night sights and mag extension for $490. It looks to have been shot very little (like it matters) by the color still on the barrel where it rubs the slide and the copper antisieze is still on the slide. I'm just not sold on the .40 caliber due to me having so much 9mm already around.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I picked up a .40 M&P Compact tonight. I compared it for about an hour with the Glock 26, and the M&P felt better to me. 10+1.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    Well my opinion is going to be the unpopular one. I own two of the three guns you mentioned in your original post (PF-9 and Ruger LCP).

The PF-9 I have had for a while now and it has worked flawlessly. I have yet to have one problem with it. The accuracy of it is decent and it is much lighter, thinner, and easier to conceal than any Glock is going to be. It is also about half the price. I didn't care for the finish on it which is why I recently sent my slide and barrel off to get re-finished with Cera-Hide. Other than that I think it's a nice gun.

As far as the LCP, I can't speak too much about it as I've only owned it for about 3 days now and have not even fired it. I can tell you that just by holding it and looking at it, it is obvious right away that it is built much more solid than it's Kel-Tec counterpart. It fits in my Desantis Nemesis pocket holster or my ankle so easily and I don't even know it's there. The only issues I have heard is one guy that has posted on like 4 forums about his having problems feeding flat-nose FMJ rounds. The other "issue" was really a non-issue (ejected cases hitting one part of the inside of the slide, doesn't affect the actual gun at all) but Ruger fixed it anyway by machining out a recess on it on all the newer serial numbers (mine has it).

But as mentioned above, you can't go wrong with a Glock. If you are willing to spend a little more $ and don't mind a bulkier gun, that would be my recommendation. For me, I am completely confident when I'm carrying my PF-9 around.

NEOCON

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Warrick county
    Thanks Westsider. I was really looking for some input on the PF9 I love the size and the price. I have been reading up on it and the guys who have them really talk well of them. I may take another look at it next week.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I've also had nothing but good luck with both of my PF-9's. You're not necessarily in the minority, there, WestSider.

seamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I'm pretty fond of my 26, so much so that I sold my CZ compact 40 which was as unreliable as my 26 is reliable. It's pretty accurate and easy to conceal on my small frame. (5' 9", 175lbs)

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Which part of the G19 won't hide?

Unless you are of very small build, I doubt you'd have a problem concealing it with the right holster. I am smaller than seamus and have no problem with it. What you may need is a new holster not a new pistol.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Which part of the G19 won't hide?

Unless you are of very small build, I doubt you'd have a problem concealing it with the right holster. I am smaller than seamus and have no problem with it. What you may need is a new holster not a new pistol.

I'm about the same build as Seamus. I carry an XD9SC IWB and I find that any time I lean over (such as when sitting at a table in a restaurant, eating), the butt of the gun prints through my shirt. And that's with a sub-compact.

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    I'm about the same build as Seamus. I carry an XD9SC IWB and I find that any time I lean over (such as when sitting at a table in a restaurant, eating), the butt of the gun prints through my shirt. And that's with a sub-compact.

If I bend over to pick something up, even a small Kel-Tec in a thin holster will print. I address this problem by "lifting with my knees". :)

I have never had a problem with merely sitting though--even with a G22. I think the holster makes a huge difference. I am a big fan of Milt Sparks Holsters.

NEOCON

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Warrick county
    I just feel that the G19 is a little big to try to conceale on my body with my type of dress. I am 5'8" 170 with a 31" waist and wear jeans and a t-shirt in the summer for work and usually cargo shorts and t-shirt for weekends.
    Plus I cannot lie, I am just looking for a reason to buy another gun.
    I found that gun today it wasn't at the top of my list. But after shooting a buddys I really liked it and went and picked one up. I actually had decided on a S&W442 (I know not on my list)but after shooting the XD9SC I picked it up. I still plan to pick up a pocket gun in a couple weeks.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    If I bend over to pick something up, even a small Kel-Tec in a thin holster will print. I address this problem by "lifting with my knees". :)

I have never had a problem with merely sitting though--even with a G22. I think the holster makes a huge difference. I am a big fan of Milt Sparks Holsters.

When I am carrying my PF-9 in my Spartan with a somewhat loose untucked shirt I can do practically anything (bend, twist, sit, stand, squat, crouch, dance a jig, whatever) and it does not print at all. That is why I carry it. I even have the old intertube thing going :D and it doesn't feel uncomfortable. The Glock is a better pistol for sure but being able to carry comfortably and consistently daily has to be a big factor.

NEO, good choice, I like the XD SC I almost got one myself. Let us know how you like it!

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    I just feel that the G19 is a little big to try to conceale on my body with my type of dress. I am 5'8" 170 with a 31" waist and wear jeans and a t-shirt in the summer for work and usually cargo shorts and t-shirt for weekends.

5'11", 175#, 33"waist,,,,,, P345 riding in a Texas Heritage IWB from Tucker gunleather. I usually wear jeans and either a button down, or T shirt in the summer, and even with my shirt tucked in, (holster is tuckable style) I don't have any problem with printing in either.
    wolfman

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    I have no problems concealing the G19 in a bladetech uch.

I do have a keltec p3at though that I carry sometimes to places like the beach. It is really much smaller. Not marginally smaller like the 26.

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I don't really understand the advice to go with a G26 if you want something easier to conceal. A Glock is a brick. A G26 is a smaller brick, but it's still a brick.

I find the difference between a 19 and a 26 negligible. If you want something to disappear in the summer, I'd pick something with a flatter profile in a addition to a shorter grip. Maybe a p232? A Walther PPKs?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I just bought a Minotaur MTAC IWB holster for my XD9SC, which is almost identical in size and thickness as a G26. I've already commented on my summer carry problems, but I'm here to tell you that my XD completely disappears in this thing, even with my shirt tucked in. not even my wife, who is actually looking for it, can tell I'm carrying. Even when I sit down at the table and lean forward (where my back is heavily arched) there's virtually no printing. Frankly, I'm astonished and well pleased.

If anyone is interested, I can post some pictures.

NEOCON

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Warrick county
    Yes please do post some pics. I am really liking my XD9SC! The Cozy Partner IWB I have is ok but it really could be better.
    I am really contemplating a tough decision right now. Rather to get rid of the G19 which I really don't have any need for it right now with the XD being the carry weapon of choice. Using the it to fund another purchase or just keeping it with some of the other weapons that I don't take out of the safe anymore. Limited buget here and I don't need anymore safe guns anymore especially ones that you can buy at just about any gun shop you walk into. If it was a hard to find weapon I could see the point.

Top Bottom