• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    Got to see the new Walther CCP at the NRA Convention today.
    Very impressive single stack 9mm.
    It's basically a PPQ single stack, but it has some internal differences.
    The trigger is PHENOMENAL!
    They say it's 5.5lb, but I would say it's more like 3.5lb
    Very smooth, light, and crisp.
    Ergos are great too.
    Can't wait to buy one and try it out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coLytAnGgpo

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Yes! Very nice little gun. It would have been a contender when I was deciding Shield vs XDs.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Completely agree. I posted in the convention area of the forum how impressed I was with it. I thought the ergos on my Shield was good until I picked up the CCP. It felt like it was custom made for my hand! I'll be keeping an eye on them when they're released. Would be very interested to see if they're as dead accurate as the PPQ.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    I talked to one of the Walther reps about the CCP while I was doing Firearm Inspections before the show opened. He said that they are working very hard to get the availability up. They expect it to be better than what it was for the S&W Shield or the Glock 42. I know that I will be getting one...

themadmedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    I was very impressed with it as well. For <$500 also it will be one I am thinking about more and more...

aeroe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Got to see the new Walther CCP at the NRA Convention today.
    Very impressive single stack 9mm.
    It's basically a PPQ single stack, but it has some internal differences.
    The trigger is PHENOMENAL!
    They say it's 5.5lb, but I would say it's more like 3.5lb
    Very smooth, light, and crisp.
    Ergos are great too.
    Can't wait to buy one and try it out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coLytAnGgpo

Is the safety ambi? The only thing I'm missing from my collection is a 9mm carry gun... unless I want to carry 2lbs of "compact" steel in the colder months.

Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    Anyone have any size comparisons? I know it is a single stack, and a little smaller than a PPQ height wise, but it still looks a little tall and long for a small conceal gun. Seems similar to a commander 1911 size.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Size-wise think of it as a cross between a PPQ and a P22. The only minus I can think of is the safety snicks off a little too easy.

WatermAlan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2014
    Carmel
    how does the size compare to a shield or xds? I'm in the market for a new compact carry gun and this is the first I've heard of the CCP. I would like to get my hands on it before I make my final choice.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    how does the size compare to a shield or xds? I'm in the market for a new compact carry gun and this is the first I've heard of the CCP. I would like to get my hands on it before I make my final choice.

Thicker, taller and longer. That said, this would be a great gun for women who have trouble racking the slide on other semi-autos. It's a PITA to rack the slide on my Shield, the takedown lever is hard as hell to move and the slide lock is very difficult to release. I love my Shield as a carry gun because of how thin it is, but if you can fit something thicker comfortably, the CCP could be good. Of course, you give up the capacity that double stacks like the G26 have and you don't lose a lot of size. To be honest, there are a lot of things I like about the CCP and a lot of things that would make me pass it up as a carry gun. I still want to shoot one some day though, to see how that trigger feels while actually putting rounds down range.

Razer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2013
    South Central Indiana
    I've liked the idea of the CCP, but I've not handled one personally. If it truly is under $500 then I would look even harder, but I'm a lefty and I'm not sure it will work for me. I prefer no safety or ones like the shield that can just be left off due to the trigger design. Not sure this new pistol would work as well for me.

Size is is a consideration too, have to compare it in person as numbers can be misleading. I'd just get an XDS if I could find one under $500.

Razer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2013
    South Central Indiana
    Went and read up on it some more and finally found that the safety is right handed only and there are no plans for an ambi model. Also, strangely, the mag release can be swapped around. Not sure why they bothered?

Looks ms like it's back to the XDS or the shield yet again. LCR maybe too...

ThatsLife

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I was also very impressed with this gun when I held it at the booth. Very smooth and light action with a great trigger. I'd love to shoot one. I'm betting the wife would like it also. Mothers day is coming up. Hmmmmmmmm............. :)

Gunslinger45

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    So, has WALTHER upped their game lately, or have they just been underestimated for years??

This. I prefer DA/SA guns, but have always had a soft spot for Walther when it comes to striker fired pistols. The P99 series has often been referred to as "the closest thing to a polymer P7" ...and those are big shoes to fill.

Top Bottom