• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    After some local searching came up empty, I was able to order the new 2014 CZ P-07 from "GrabaGun" at a great price. A big thank-you to Chad at US Defense Solutions, who handled the FFL transfer. He's a great guy who loves what he does, and gave excellent communication and customer service. I've never ordered something like this on-line, and Chad did a nice job guiding me through the process.

This isn't really a review, as I haven't had a chance to shoot the P-07 yet, but so far my initial observations are positive. Fit and finish is excellent, everything has a smooth "shuck-shuck" to it. Magazines insert and release cleanly, and racking A-Zoom snappers into the chamber is perfect every time. I will say that the DA trigger pull is heavy, but in SA, it's light, smooth, and crisp. When I got it home, I did a quick disassembly to inspect, wipe down, and lightly lube everything. There's not a mark on it, inside or out:

CZP-07_zps91e1dc26.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

I do like the updates from the previous P-07 "Duty" model. The trigger isn't as curved/arced, and the new 3-dot iron sights are easy on the eyes. Even with the heavy DA trigger pull, it is smooth, not gritty at all. My only complaint is that this came with the Safety installed. When I went to change it to the Decocker option, I realized CZ had mistakenly included a second Safety instead of the Decocker inserts. No worries, I have a message out to CZ to remedy this. I'd prefer to keep it in Decocker format so it is setup like my P-01.

For size comparison, below is a quick picture of the new P-07 back-to-back with my G4 G23. It's a bit heavier than the Glock, with a slightly wider, more robust slide. Otherwise, they are dimensionally not very different from each other:

CZP-07ampG4G23_zps76d045bb.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

I'll try to report back once I get some range time, hopefully at Highsmith's this weekend. I do like the way it feels... typical CZ, it's like a warm lump of clay in my hands, with a very natural grip angle (for me anyway). One thing I've noted that may take a bit of getting used to is the sight picture. I'm used to my other pistols being "point of aim", and according to my laser bore sighting tool, this looks to be more of a 6 o'clock hold, where the front sight is just below what you're aiming for. Hopefully more to report back this weekend!

Last edited:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Very nice. I have heard good things about them on the CZ forum. I'm sure you know there are now after-market parts that will greatly improve that trigger.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Here is a picture that shows the difference in slide thickness between the new P-07 and a G4 G23, though in looking at this picture, it's more obvious in person:

P-07ampG23TopView_zps300fc1a1.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Never had a chance to handle a CZ except for the little antique .32 sort of Walther clone. But a buddy of mine has a couple of modern CZ's and loves them. Yours looks really nice! Good Score!

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I am surprised you find the DA trigger heavy. Mine is still a "duty" model but the trigger is lighter than most sigs and HKs. It is fairly long but not heavy.

Yeah, I do think it's heavy in DA. But to be fair, other than my P-01 that I don't shoot often, most of my shooting is done with striker-fired pistols. Could just be me getting used to a DA pull. I have noticed it seems to be smoothing out a tad as I've been dry firing with snap caps, and the SA is just plain sweet!

Top Bottom