• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Well, here goes again. I bought a SCCY CPX-1 (Generation 2) pistol about two weeks ago, and can say that I am glad I did. So far, I feel that I got a lot of pistol for the 300 dollar price tag it had. I ran a combination of Hornady, Speer, and Federal ammo though it. A total of 100 rounds the first time out this morning. It loaded, fired, and ejected 100% everything I fed it from HP's to 115 and 124 grain ball. I was using the standard two-handed hold from about 10 yards out, and all rounds landed within about a two inch pattern just high of the bull. Took the gun home and field stripped it for a cleaning. I found nothing out of the ordinary in the way of excessive wear, scratches, or dings. The pistol breaks down easy and is easy to carry as well. So far I am a happy camper, but only time will tell.:ingo:

uncmrkhd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    diff bout Gen 1 vrs Gen 2

I thought the Gen-1 was first production run and had numerous flaws that were corrected by the Gen-2 model, so which pistol did you get ? do you think you might have gotten lucky with a Gen-1 or is this an error

uncmrkhd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    I meant to type cpx-1 was the first run production and cpx-2 was second run, sorry for the babble , just got an education on the diff between the guns and diff for generation 1or 2

Last edited:

tatic05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    Glad there is another like minded one.....not that it runs in the family or anything. :rolleyes:

Also decided to get some carry rounds, and went with Hornady TAP 124 grain for 18 bucks. Picked up a Fobus Holster for it, didnt care for the Uncle Mikes brand......:laugh:.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Glad there is another like minded one.....not that it runs in the family or anything. :rolleyes:

Also decided to get some carry rounds, and went with Hornady TAP 124 grain for 18 bucks. Picked up a Fobus Holster for it, didnt care for the Uncle Mikes brand......:laugh:.
    Hey Joe. I have been carrying mine in a BLACKHAWK! size 4 pocket holster. Cheaper type, but works fine. I had a size 3, but was just a little on the small side. The size 4 keeps the magazine release inside the holster and keeps me from ejecting the magazine by having it in my front pocket. I put the flat baseplate on the carry magazine and the spare that I keep on my belt I just left the finger extention baseplate on it. Funny, but I shoot the gun better without the finger extension.:n00b:

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    I meant to type cpx-1 was the first run production and cpx-2 was second run, sorry for the babble , just got an education on the diff between the guns and diff for generation 1or 2
    I got the CPX-1 Generation 2 version of the gun. It has the safety on the grip frame. The CPX-2 does not have the safety. I like it so far.:)

Midskier

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    NWI IL/IN BORDER
    glad to hear the good comments, I just purchased a CPX-2 NIB for under $200 :) we'll see how it is when I get .............

update: CPX -2: 5-12-12 - 60 flawless rounds through it, 06-02-12 100 flawless rounds through it. all Federal American Eagle 124 gr fmj

Dan T

Last edited:
    Top Bottom