• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Robin Hood

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 23, 2011
    Richmond, IN
    I purchased the LC9 from Wulff's Gun Shop in Connersville, great timely service and a wonderful price after the INGO discount.

It went to the Brookville range one time. I tried to put 30 rounds through it, but there were 6 misfires, firing pin not striking the primer well. Then each round started jamming between the mag and the ramp.

Fortunately, the LCP and the XD9 performed well and relieved much of my frustration with the LC9.

TVon

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    Brownsburg
    RobinHood,

What brand of ammo were you using?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0zb3YS0RAQ[/ame]

I have an LC9 that I've had a few issues with.

It really doesn't like S&B at all. I've also had a few failures to eject with winchester white box fmj. The failures to eject generally only happen when the barrel is pretty hot.

The video I posted above says basically the same thing.

Luckily, I've had no problems with the winchester bonded jhp that I use for edc.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Yikes, that's no fun for the LC9. I hope that gets resolved for you guys. I do sense a pattern here. Glad I picked up that Kahr CM9 from you guys, Shooter.... It's running just fine, and I can hit quite nicely with it. This may be a case where a little extra money goes a long way.

Robin Hood

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 23, 2011
    Richmond, IN
    The problem ammo in the LC9 was UMC. 24 rounds fired successfully and 6 rounds failed to fire. I ran the rest of the box of UMC rounds through my XD9 without any problem.

TVon

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    Brownsburg
    RobinHood,

Thanks for the info. Please post Ruger's response when they return the gun. I will be very interested to hear what they say.

Thanks

jon159753

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Avon, IN
    I wish that there would be more extensive quality control on any pistol that has self defense as it's sole purpose. I don't think it would be hard to run enough tests on the pistol before they ship a batch. I would take that job in a heart beat.

Robin Hood

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 23, 2011
    Richmond, IN
    OK, the LC9 came back from Prescott this morning; repaired stuck firing pin and new mag. Ruger put 50 rounds through it before returning, and I put 50 rounds through it with no problems.

It was gone 12 days total, and I am pleased with the result. It will be my EDC backed up by the LCP.

Toolepqk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.3%
    52   2   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    I've got an lc9, I've put 550 rounds through it with no malfunctions. I've run mostly wwb, also 1 box of federal and rws.

Top Bottom