old smith and wesson experts? (price check)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    i know folks get tired of the "price check thing" but im stumped on this one.

its a 1974 class a engraved smith model 37. appears unfired some of the engraving is glod enlayed on a blued gun. grips are aftermarket

i found one at cabelas in texas for 4000 but it was stainless

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    You could poke around the S&W forum.
    I'd also definitely get a factory letter. One from Smith is $30 and with what you have is definitely worth every penny. And you can only learn cool stuff from it.

Squib

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I would not feel at all comfortable getting a price concensus from the peanut gallery on something like that. I'd head straight to the SWCA and, if possible, give them a SN.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I would not feel at all comfortable getting a price concensus from the peanut gallery on something like that. I'd head straight to the SWCA and, if possible, give them a SN.

all that is in the works and it will be at the 1500 sunday. this is just getting some idea of worth.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Oh boy.

OK, first off....

:postpics:

Secondly, if that is a class A factory job, I would venture to say you've got a minimum $3000/maximum $4500 revolver on your hands. Like all things firearms, the price you can obtain is a regional deal. In other words, just getting it to someone around here would probably rake in $3000, getting it out nationally to a collector would bring in the higher dollar amounts. For what it's worth, I've never seen a 37 with the uber fancy scroll come up for sale anywhere.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    I know this answer suck but it is the truth, the gun is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. If someone is willing to pay $4000 for it that is what it is worth, If the best offer on it is $3000 then that is what it is worth. Custom guns are the slipperiest things in the world to put a price on. If you look here you can see some retail prices but like all S&W prices they are higher than what the guns will actually sell for.

Search Results - Smith & Wesson

You will just have to decide what it is worth to you.

FERLACH

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    Plainfield
    I might be wrong on this, but I did not think Smith Wesson did factory engraving on non-steel (alloy) guns, back in the 70's. Like I say, I might be wrong.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I might be wrong on this, but I did not think Smith Wesson did factory engraving on non-steel (alloy) guns, back in the 70's. Like I say, I might be wrong.

the letter of athenticity is inbound about the pistol and factory engraving.

451 detonics

ya i know its worth what somone will give. this is my first whats it worth thread. guns like this are imposible to gauge a fair asking price.

here is a crappy cell phone pic. i know it wont really help with the value in this case but it sure is nice to look at
    911.jpg

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ljmiddleton3
    Top Bottom