Preliminary numbers from the NRC rifle input file..

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    I just went through about half the NRC input file on “rifles” that was up dated at December 4.

The results are:

Yes – 417 (64.4%)

Yes, but with changes - 22 (3.4%)

No – 209 (32.2%)

Most “NOs” cited safety concerns.

The “Yes, but with changes” cited OK for the south, not for the north or wanted .223s OKed.

I'll finish it up at a later date, but I don't think the percentages will change much. My eyes started watering. Some of the remarks are pretty entertaining though. I'll bet none of the entertaining remarks were made by anyone on here..

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    It is a PDF file from the Natural Resources Commission. NRC input is a public record so all I had to do was ask for it. If you want a copy you can just ask for it from them OR PM me your email address and I'll send it to you.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    P*ssed me off how the Indy Star put it front page............wonder how many negs will come from that?
    I'm not a fan of misinformation/spin.

The cartridge graph of size might add to some fears...........and the mentioning of how the rounds could be "deadly at a mile"..............like the others won't go that far if fired at optimum angle? Or was the writer trying to imply deer will be taken at a mile? Dunno. Another poorly written and researched article........common Star garbage.

Either the writer is fluff, a closet lib, trying to not lose his job..........or whoever rewrote/edited it is an arse.

MRP2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Greenwood
    With everything else going on in the world, hunting regs possibly changing does not warrant the front page.

Sounds like an anti-gun / anti-hunting douche bag wrote the article.

Top Bottom