• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rkesar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    new whiteland
    Ill be leaving for Florida tomorrow to visit my dad and grandpa. I have booked a hog hunt for my dad and I through swamp gobbler outfitters. We'll be hunting Tuesday and we'll be hunting out of tree stands. I'm using a rem 700 vtr 308 and my dad is using a 30-30. The outfitters seem nice and really helpful, If we shoot a hog they'll skin and quarter it for us. They are priced very reasonable. I researched a lot of outfitters there and I hope I picked a good one, but either way it'll be a new experience and a good time. Ill post pics Tuesday after the hunt and hopefully have a couple hogs. We'll also be hitting lake Okeechobee and taking the boat out to some saltwater fishing. I'm beyond excited and cant wait to get down there. If all goes well on the hunt it will become a yearly thing and possibly do a few turkey hunts with the same outfitters

danmrt868

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    ft. wayne
    I have been talking to the wife about going to fl or tx for a hog hunt. Looking forword to hearing about your trip . Good luck

RGriff69

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    Sounds like a good time. Good luck!

I shot my first hog in Florida a couple years ago with a Remy 700 VTR .308.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I WILL get to FL to go hog hunting one of these days...

My wife has family that lives between Orlando and Daytona. He (wife's cousin) has told me that some of his buddies just go out on airboats and take care of them.

More along the lines of pest eradication than it is hunting. Akin to prairie dog hunting out west. But with larger targets.

I definitely understand an outfitter wanting to cash-in on guiding folks to a hog, but in many parts of the state, you can essentially walk around and stumble upon them. (land access is the issue). Terribly destructive to the canals / levees / etc. Shoot them & let 'em rot and become Gator food.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I went to Okachobe and hit Little Lake Lodge for a hog hunt. Had a great time and we popped off four hogs. Also took a nice air boat ride around the lake. Have fun!

Top Bottom