• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    This was a long time coming with IMPD not being able to stay out of the news... surprised it lasted this long after the depature of the Superbowl. I hope they promote with-in for the dept's sake... but hire from outside for the sake of the city.

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    It seems to me that Straub has been disliked since he started. Why the animosity?

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Huh. Just last week a judge ordered the second sample to be tested and now we find out it was removed from refrigeration. Ouch.

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    There's a lot of politics playing out right now within the IMPD and the city government, about which the average Indy citizen knows nothing. The Bisard case is a story within a story. The power struggle that's been going on for some time was eventually going to cause Ciesielski to be ousted, with or without the Bisard episode. These are dark times for LE in Indianapolis and they're about to get much darker.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    There's a lot of politics playing out right now within the IMPD and the city government, about which the average Indy citizen knows nothing. The Bisard case is a story within a story. The power struggle that's been going on for some time was eventually going to cause Ciesielski to be ousted, with or without the Bisard episode. These are dark times for LE in Indianapolis and they're about to get much darker.

Sounds like fun.

And just one more reason for me to leave.

Baditude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    SE Indianapolis
    Thankfully the LEOs are held to a higher standard than ordinary citizens

TOTAL BS, Bisard and all those that contributed to the cover up should be behind bars, but they will never be held accountable. If they were, some of my faith in the system would be restored

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Indianapolis police chief steps down after mishandling of David Bisard case

“At best, this matter shows gross incompetence,” Ballard said. “And at worst … possible criminal intent.”

Another link from WISHTV. Why was a vial of blood removed from refrigeration and placed into the general property annex room? It sat there from November of last year until yesterday when it was "discovered". I am not a phlebotomist, but don't most biological materials deteriorate, or flat out spoil, if removed from refrigeration?

Another point that doesn't play well with the public, Bissard is still collecting a check. This even occurred in August of 2010 and a trial isn't likely to happen until very late 2012 or early 2013.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Why was a vial of blood removed from refrigeration and placed into the general property annex room? It sat there from November of last year until yesterday when it was "discovered"

I don't know but a grand jury should be finding out.

Of course, if they had a grand jury going over this debacle from the get go, this would not have happened.

IMPD has to get new brass from outside IMPD.

Last edited:

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    It seems to me that Straub has been disliked since he started. Why the animosity?

Because he's an arrogant prick with a Napoleon complex who'll throw everyone else under the bus to prevent himself from looking bad. (I started to end that sentence with a question mark, but I don't feel like being sarcastic).

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Somewhat related story in the paper I think yesterday or Sunday; an off-duty officer pulling security detail somewhere in uniform in his cop car was reported by a citizen after the citizen smelled alcohol on his (the cops) breath.

An on-duty officer performed a field sobriety test and then a breathalzyer was administered at which time the suspect blew .11. Several hours later it was discovered that the person giving the breathalyzer didn't check the suspects mouth for foriegn objects so a "properly administered" breathalyzer was administered. At this point the suspect blew a .7, just below the legal standard of .8.

You'd think after the Bisard debacle that they would follow written instructions with a large group of people approving each step during the testing, or maybe they do.

Now tell me again that at least SOME cops, don't get special treatment!?

And yeah I know it is being investigated but come on? Right!?

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    the new chief
    fallguy.png

or was he the last one?

Top Bottom