• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leggdpms

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Jeffersonville
    Has anyone ordered a gun from buds? My question is where do they ship it? I'm assuming a gun shop but do you have to tell them you are shipping a gun there? Also do they charge you for shipping it there?

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    Has anyone ordered a gun from buds? My question is where do they ship it? I'm assuming a gun shop but do you have to tell them you are shipping a gun there? Also do they charge you for shipping it there?

They answer all that on their site. You pick the FFL that you want it sent to. They have a list of FFL's but you can also tell them a different one.

You should call the FFL to make sure that they know it's coming. I send my to Cabelas and I know they do it so I don't call them ahead of time.

Buds usually says right next to the price "Ships Free". However, most FFL's charge a fee for their service.

Jaredjosh

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    Indy
    Unless it's something you can't find locally they can have good deals. But consider transfer fee from the FFL it will have to be sent to. If you only paying a few bucks more at a local shop why not support your local gun shop? You will probably receive better advice, get to put your hands on it before buying it, and will more than likely receive better assistance if you have a issue immediately after you purchase it.

Leggdpms

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Jeffersonville
    Because my local gun shop has the gun I want for 150 more bucks than buds I'd say that's a little drastic of a price difference. I'm going to call another local shop tomorrow and see what they have it for if it's around buds price then I will buy it local if not then I'm ordering it.

Jaredjosh

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    Indy
    Well although I'm a firm believer in supporting my local dealer over a few bucks. $150.00 is more than a few bucks. So I understand. May I wish you a timely and smooth transaction from Buds Gun Shop.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    I support Cabelas plenty anyway. I bought one of my 12 ga., a S&W J and a Beretta M9 from them. Not counting ammo and other things that I pick up when I am there.

If I see a good price on Buds I put it on layaway and pick it up for the cash price. They are also pretty good at trading. So if I have something older that I don't really use then I will check with Gurney and see if they will give me a decent price on the trade.

When I bought my Colt AR Cabelas did not carry them. So Buds was an easy choice on that.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Because my local gun shop has the gun I want for 150 more bucks than buds I'd say that's a little drastic of a price difference. I'm going to call another local shop tomorrow and see what they have it for if it's around buds price then I will buy it local if not then I'm ordering it.

Where are you located and what are you looking for? Folks around here might have some recommendations for shops.

JB75

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    fort wayne
    I was looking at a gun on bud's gun shop site and looked up a dealer from buds list ( Ranger supply in Fort Wayne) I called Ranger supply and they told me they will not deal with buds guns and told me a list of problems they had with them and that was enough for me. I have been in ranger supply many times and their opinion was good enough for me.

nismoz33

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    Lawrenceburg HVL
    Last weekend I drove down to Bud's & sold an older gun & then turned around & purchased a Savage Mark II FV-SR, scope rings, & 5 10-round magazines for it.

Everyone down there was very helpful & pleasant to deal with. I would not have any hesitation to order something from them & have it shipped to a local FFL. I would definitely talk to my FFL first to ensure they will provide a hassle free transfer from Bud's though.

VidGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2012
    Muncie
    Bought my Mosin Nagant from Bud's, and had no problems. Transfer fees can vary substantially (anywhere from $15 to $35 is common), so be sure to check around.

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    PERSONAL experience with Buds = Good prices, ships quick.

FFL dealer experience/opinions on Buds? = They HATE them.

However, it's understandable. You DID just buy from another company and showed the FFL dealer that the moment you walked in their doors.

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    Where are you located and what are you looking for? Folks around here might have some recommendations for shops.

No doubt! I've checked Bud's prices on guns many times and assuming a $20 transfer fee and free shipping from Bud's I can still usually at least match if not beat their prices buying at area gun shops, even paying sales tax . Plus I can see and examine what I'm buying ahead of time.
    It may pay to check some other local shops before buyiing, online isn't always cheaper.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I look at it this way - if my LGS has something I want and is priced fairly, I'll buy it. If i feel like i "overpaid" for something, I'm less likely to buy another firearm for a while - but if I'm on a streak of good deals, I'll keep it up. My FFL will likely make much more profit on my repeated transfers than me purchasing one overpriced item and stewing about it for 2-3 months.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    No doubt! I've checked Bud's prices on guns many times and assuming a $20 transfer fee and free shipping from Bud's I can still usually at least match if not beat their prices buying at area gun shops, even paying sales tax . Plus I can see and examine what I'm buying ahead of time.
    It may pay to check some other local shops before buyiing, online isn't always cheaper.

I have many transfers come in from Buds and have never had issues with them at all. My issue is though that I can 9 times out of 10 match pricing on what you just bought from them. Problem is everyone wants to save that quick buck and not pay sales tax which puts Buds pricing cheaper. It does get annoying at times. :dunno:

Top Bottom