• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    I've never had a gun blow-up on me, but I have had lead come back and hit me in the face, eye protection is a must. I used to shoot at a "un-managed" shooting range, people would show up without eye or ear protection, I would pass out ear plugs like they were candy, unfortunately I didn't carry extra eye protection. Some people just don't "get it".

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I've never been the shooter on a gun that blew up, but I've been at the range when others blew them up.

One was a 1911. Squib load went unnoticed and the next round ruptured the barrel. Very little damage and no injuries. I wasn't immediately present when this happened, but I was at the range (I was working as a range officer on the rifle range at the time) and I did see the aftermath. Just needed a new barrel and bushing.

The other was a Savage 30-06 rifle. Shooter didn't close the bolt all the way, but just enough that it allowed the hammer to drop. As a result the bolt lugs weren't fully engaged, and the bolt was propelled backwards very fast. Won't get into the injuries too much but I'll say the shooter was injured, but none of the injuries were life-threatening. I personally witnessed this incident and I applied first aid to the injured party.

kevinj110

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 5, 2009
    home
    Plus don't for get the style points they give you. I mean who doesn't wanna have a beard and glasses and hearing protection. Oh sorry guess I was getting off track any way I wanna have the same style as Costa..

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    A double charge of AA#5 makes the cylinder of a 629 into a frag grenade. Seen that one from two lanes away. We never did find all the pieces of that revolver.

Top Bottom