• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I will accept "smart guns" only after the president secret service and all federal agencies convert to them, and have 25 years of testing under their belts, and that's 25 continuous years, as in 2041 before acceptance and even then I doubt I would accept them.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I will accept "smart guns" only after the president secret service and all federal agencies convert to them, and have 25 years of testing under their belts, and that's 25 continuous years, as in 2041 before acceptance and even then I doubt I would accept them.

I'm sure we're safe if we just made it a requirement for the secret service to use them.

Sarge470

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Call me paranoid, but my greatest concern is this: Even if the technology is perfected someday, the government would probably have a back door into the devices, allowing the Feds to arbitrarily disable some or all of the guns so-equipped. No thanks, I'll pass and stick with something EMP-proof.

trucker777

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2014
    WESTVILLE
    We need a Doc Brown to invent a handheld EMP cannon to fix the "smart gun". I'll take a lazer atomizer too. Won't need bullets then...

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I love this...police officers shouldn't be the guinea pigs. I don't think anyone should be...but whoever IS the guinea pig should be the protectors of those pushing the technology.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    https://www.yahoo.com/tech/obama-announces-steps-reduce-gun-violence-150019265.html

"These common-sense steps are not going to prevent every tragedy, but what if they prevented even one?"

That's funny. I could ask the same about stopping the stigmatization of gun ownership, and start actually talking about "gun safety" instead of "gun control".
    You know, maybe start teaching the 4 rules.

"As long as we've got the technology to prevent a criminal from stealing and using your smartphone, then we should be able to prevent the wrong person from pulling a trigger on a gun."

False equivalence.
    What does one have to do with the other?
    One is electronic. One is mechanical.
    One contains a small chemical explosion/reaction. One doesn't.
    One is generally used as protection in the gravest extremes. One isn't.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County

Even 25 years isn't enough. The semiautomatic action has been tried and tested for over 100 years. Let's split the difference at 50. ;)

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    https://www.yahoo.com/tech/obama-announces-steps-reduce-gun-violence-150019265.html

"These common-sense steps are not going to prevent every tragedy, but what if they prevented even one?"

That's funny. I could ask the same about stopping the stigmatization of gun ownership, and start actually talking about "gun safety" instead of "gun control".
    You know, maybe start teaching the 4 rules.
    They are not interested in this type of common sense. They are not interested in a co-op with lawful gun owners in an effort to prevent such tragedies. NRA BAD!!

Top Bottom