• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • If Trump runs as an independent will you still vote for him?

• Total voters

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If Trump runs as an independent. Would you still vote for him?

ETA: This is not a public poll. Vote your conscience.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    If Trump runs independent, you might as well concede to the D the day he files. There are too many people who would vote R if Satan himself were on the ticket for Trump to win, and too many people who will not support another establishment candidate shoved up their asses for the establishment candidate to win. Even though he won the Iowa caucus with a one-delegate margin, I believe that Cruz significantly self-injured in the process. I am not saying that he can't pull it off, but I would not count on it, and I don't see anyone else doing it, leading to the brokered convention which will almost assuredly give us Jeb.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    ... leading to the brokered convention which will almost assuredly give us Jeb.
    Of this, I am VERY skeptical.

Jebrah (which is hilarious, BTW) has done WAY too poorly. Based solely on Iowa, I think it would be Rubio, actually. He is more likable than Cruz.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Of this, I am VERY skeptical.

Jebrah (which is hilarious, BTW) has done WAY too poorly. Based solely on Iowa, I think it would be Rubio, actually. He is more likable than Cruz.

You are giving way too much credit to the same people who shoved McStupid down our throats.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    You are giving way too much credit to the same people who shoved McStupid down our throats.

"McStupid"? You're going to have to be WAY more specific. ;)

But, a brokered convention is a different beast, IMHO. Different from the behind the scenes assistance that helps organizations win primaries.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    "McStupid"? You're going to have to be WAY more specific. ;)

But, a brokered convention is a different beast, IMHO. Different from the behind the scenes assistance that helps organizations win primaries.

Th prefix is key. It is a reference to McCain, otherwise it would simply be 'Stupid'.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If Trump runs independent, you might as well concede to the D the day he files. There are too many people who would vote R if Satan himself were on the ticket for Trump to win, and too many people who will not support another establishment candidate shoved up their asses for the establishment candidate to win. Even though he won the Iowa caucus with a one-delegate margin, I believe that Cruz significantly self-injured in the process. I am not saying that he can't pull it off, but I would not count on it, and I don't see anyone else doing it, leading to the brokered convention which will almost assuredly give us Jeb.

At least Iowa has shown that they're making Rubio their "establishment" choice. I think that trend will continue. And yes, I'll probably vote for Rubio if Trump goes independent. Much as I distrust Rubio, I distrust Trump more.

But what really made me reply is I'd like to know more about the self-injury Cruz did in the process of winning Iowa. Is it his attacks on Trump?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    At least Iowa has shown that they're making Rubio their "establishment" choice. I think that trend will continue. And yes, I'll probably vote for Rubio if Trump goes independent. Much as I distrust Rubio, I distrust Trump more.

But what really made me reply is I'd like to know more about the self-injury Cruz did in the process of winning Iowa. Is it his attacks on Trump?

I would first say that if Trump goes independent, we get the D any way you slice it.

I am seeing Cruz at minimum not earning any love among plenty of R voters I am in contact with. They perceive him as a snake oil salesman and just don't like him. My understanding is that he has said some things which appear to mimic Trump's bombastic style, and I guess he just can't pull it off like Donald, probably with the key element being that we all know that this is a matter of Trump being Trump, and in Cruz's case, not so much.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis

You are spot-on Dave.

This is why I think it is so important to undercut Clinton at every chance possible in the Democrat's race. Trump takes voters from the (R) side of the isle, so in a three-way race the victory goes Democrat, regardless the candidate.

Bernie Sanders is the only candidate with a reasonable chance to remove Clinton from the presidency in a three-way race...the electoral college will see to it that victory takes the (D).

It sucks for ideologically conservative people, but it's high time to become a pragmatist...with whom would you rather be stuck for the next four years. Of the two, I'd much prefer Sanders...his voting record puts him on the correct side of a great many important issues.

Compare that to what Clinton has to offer..."femininity", and a voting record straight out of hell.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I think IndyDave has got it. A Trump independent run will split the vote to the point a Democrat victory is guaranteed.

I'm a Cruz kind of guy myself, but if it comes to it.... "anybody but Hillary".

Top Bottom