• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    O'Malley, of Maryland, has stepped up to offer himself as an alternative to Hillary, (who may well be becoming too toxic even for the dems). He's touting the same message a Warren campaign would, (but she's not going to run). Not sure how an O'Malley campaign would play to the dem masses, though. It'll be interesting to see who else decides to step up and run. Hopefully Biden will decide to retire after his tenure as VP and not embarrass himself by attempting a run for the catbird seat. Webb is also making some noise about running, and he's actually a viable candidate for many dems, without the baggage.

O?Malley steps up Wall Street critique in swing through Iowa - The Washington Post

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    vanilla.jpg

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    It will be interesting to see how O'Malley tries to white wash over his anti-gun record as he tries to pander to voters in fly-over states.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    It will be interesting to see how O'Malley tries to white wash over his anti-gun record as he tries to pander to voters in fly-over states.

Yeah, his gun record sucks. As does most of his platform. He's not going to play well to the folks in the middle, but if he gets the nod, they'll reflexively vote for him. Especially, if the republicans decide on a real turd this go around. The dems already have the numbers in the electoral college for a win. I'd hate to see O'Malley win.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    The Democrat Race is the race for the Presidency. And it's over.

Hillary is it.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Yeah, I think so. There will never be another Republican President.

Not if they keep traveling the path they have since Goldwater. They're still stuck on a 60s platform, and have failed to recognize the makeup and beliefs of the country have changed.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Not if they keep traveling the path they have since Goldwater. They're still stuck on a 60s platform, and have failed to recognize the makeup and beliefs of the country have changed.

This combined with the fact that the left wing controls the conversation. They have effectively marginalized conservative thought with their PR machine. regardless of the fact that they lie constantly, there is no one that has effectively called them on it without being marginalized as a racist, a woman hater, an out of touch rich guy, or an extremist.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    This combined with the fact that the left wing controls the conversation. They have effectively marginalized conservative thought with their PR machine. regardless of the fact that they lie constantly, there is no one that has effectively called them on it without being marginalized as a racist, a woman hater, an out of touch rich guy, or an extremist.

The left wing doesn't need a PR machine. The right wing can and do buy their own microphones. When they come off as tea party extremists or advocates of social statism, the left only has to sit back and laugh.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010

In my opinion, even if the GOP made an announcement tomorrow that they embraced gay marriage, legal pot, atheism, and the social welfare state, I'm still not convinced they'd have better than the short end of a 60/40 shot at the Presidency. I think the Left knows the Republicans can never win the Presidency again...but needs to convince them they _can_, to lure them away from their base of beliefs so that they will lose their advantage in midterms.

If Republicans stick to their beliefs, never win the Presidency again, but keep control of congress away from Democrats via dominating midterms, that stalls the democrat agenda pretty effectively (witness the last 4 years of Obama's term). But if the Republicans abandon their beliefs to try to win back the White House, they probably lose the Presidency anyway, plus the Congress also, and we get one-party democrat rule.

That's why people on the Left have to convince the Republicans to change their beliefs. Republicans sticking to their guns, even if they only represent 30% of the public, keeps the football away from the Democrats. As a fairly right-wingish person, I personally have no problem with the Republicans never winning the White House again. I say, let the Democrats run it and take the blame, while we keep the purse strings out of their hands during midterms. The main task is convincing Republican voters that the White House is lost. The Left is the one who needs to convince them to still believe.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Said it before, hilly's campaign will self destruct before the primary if it gets off the ground at all. Jeb bush will lose to an as yet unknown dem candidate.:)

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008

Sing, ding, ding

we have a winner

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    It ain't over til its over. A lot of bad crap will be done by Obama and gang between now and November next year. Though it was quite the tight squeeze, we got Bush due to a Clinton weary electorate. Enough of Bubba's supporters must have gotten tired of the regular parade of scandals and voted for Bush.

Anyway, i look forward to the next 20 months of discussion on INGO. After the election we may need to find a source for crow as I believe some folks on this forum will be eating it.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    It ain't over til its over. A lot of bad crap will be done by Obama and gang between now and November next year. Though it was quite the tight squeeze, we got Bush due to a Clinton weary electorate. Enough of Bubba's supporters must have gotten tired of the regular parade of scandals and voted for Bush.

Anyway, i look forward to the next 20 months of discussion on INGO. After the election we may need to find a source for crow as I believe some folks on this forum will be eating it.

I sure hope so. I for one will be willing to eat my share, if wrong. But I doubt it.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    I hope Billary DOES run. It'd be fun watching s/he get bashed over and over and over about all her little 'non-scandals'. :laugh:

And I LIKE the idea that the Libtards THINK they have things all sewn up. Makes it even MORE fun when they get trounced, watching them whine and :crying:

You know, like when they l-o-s-t the Senate last Fall. :lmfao:

Top Bottom