• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Boat ramps in BF Egypt can be lonely places.....I liked to night fish a lot when I was young and it's amazing how desolate that boat ramp is at 3 am compared to when you put in at 8 pm or so.....They must have been doing something pretty bad to kill a man over it...Keep us updated when they release what crime was being commited...

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I'm honestly curious. Why are so many crimes that involve firearms becoming threads on INGO? Crime (with or without guns) is not exactly new. Are INGOers becoming more sensitive to crimes involving firearms?

I can certainly see where mass shootings become threads here as those will almost always become national news items that are used to try and affect our gun rights. Why are everyday crimes also here? This is a "General Firearms Discussion" forum, but the story is about crime, not firearms.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm honestly curious. Why are so many crimes that involve firearms becoming threads on INGO? Crime (with or without guns) is not exactly new. Are INGOers becoming more sensitive to crimes involving firearms?

I can certainly see where mass shootings become threads here as those will almost always become national news items that are used to try and affect our gun rights. Why are everyday crimes also here? This is a "General Firearms Discussion" forum, but the story is about crime, not firearms.

It is a "gun free zone" (ACoE). So there is that take on it.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

GFGT is from there, has probably fished there, and is probably lamenting the fact that someone got killed over nothing in a place that he had fond memories of growing up....

That's just a guess but it's the only time I have ever seen him post something about a crime like this...It's local to him and I can understand that...I am not saying I agree or disagree with folks posting such things...But I believe that is why GFGT posted this...It's a rural community and he still has family there, one of whom I have met and is, like GFGT, a helluva guy...

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

Just a situational awareness reminder?

Crap happen everywhere, try to be prepared etc.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Maybe we should have a separate Crimes forum? Post your news of douchebaggery here...

Interesting....Being here in "Kentuckiana" we don't get much crime news unless it happens in Louisville or in one of the other three Falls Cities...I have come on here many a time and INGOer's were discussing what are obviously big news crime stories throughout the state that we never hear about.....

We have a lot of good LEO's on here full of good information, some of them don't care much for my posts because I have a black sense of humor and use it to insulate myself against the darkness.....(I still feel bad about offending Frank N Stein because I like his posts and it took me two days to realize how that post may have looked to him.....Cringe worthy and if you see this I am still sorry...) BBI is the exception but he and I have a similar dark sense of hilljack humor....

Whenever BBI comes down for a visit he and I kind of talk about what is happening crime trend wise in the State and it's always good info...I think it would be a neat thread and a possible good training tool as far as security and self defense issues go...Crimes often become trends and trends tend to migrate...Good idea I think...

Last edited:

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Just a situational awareness reminder?

Crap happen everywhere, try to be prepared etc.

That is reasonable and encouraged.

It's certainly not getting any better. Pretty bold what thugs did in Broadripple pub, and Panera in Casltleton, just off the top of my head. There's a lot of ****heads out there. I get too comfortable sometiimes. I admit it.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    It is a "gun free zone" (ACoE). So there is that take on it.

This was an important reason why I posted this story. Now, if there's a more desirable sub forum in which to post news in which firearms are involved, I'd love to be corrected. But yeah, this story was relatively close to my old stomping grounds, it happened in a GFZ, and it involved criminal(s) using firearms while in commisssion of a crime in an area where law abiding citizens would presumably be unarmed. Like safety talks we get at work, where--time after time, somebody fails to lock out or didn't wear their safety glasses and got injured, I view these types of stories as a reminder that it can happen anywhere, to anyone. They may be repetitive and some may tire of hearing/reading about them. If that's you (not you LEaSH, necessarily), do what I do when I run across a thread in which I have no interest -- scroll on. I honestly don't get the complaining when ignoring is much simpler and easier.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I don't get the complaining, either.

You know? Push a couple buttons, a mouse click, or like you said, scroll on out to something more pleasant. Ingo has it all, really.

I'd rather be informed, myself.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    This is why I suggested a separate forum. I would visit, just like I read the Armed Citizen section of American Rifleman. In fact it would keep me from just randomly finding that information among other threads.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    This is why I suggested a separate forum. I would visit, just like I read the Armed Citizen section of American Rifleman. In fact it would keep me from just randomly finding that information among other threads.

That's a great suggestion. Maybe located or linked in the Carry Issues/Self Defense area?

Black Cloud

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Interesting....Being here in "Kentuckiana" we don't get much crime news unless it happens in Louisville or in one of the other three Falls Cities...I have come on here many a time and INGOer's were discussing what are obviously big news crime stories throughout the state that we never hear about.....

We have a lot of good LEO's on here full of good information, some of them don't care much for my posts because I have a black sense of humor and use it to insulate myself against the darkness.....(I still feel bad about offending Frank N Stein because I like his posts and it took me two days to realize how that post may have looked to him.....Cringe worthy and if you see this I am still sorry...) BBI is the exception but he and I have a similar dark sense of hilljack humor....

Whenever BBI comes down for a visit he and I kind of talk about what is happening crime trend wise in the State and it's always good info...I think it would be a neat thread and a possible good training tool as far as security and self defense issues go...Crimes often become trends and trends tend to migrate...Good idea I think...

Are you the same Indiucky from the Refuge Forums?

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side

Maybe it's time for a new forum category, so that these kind of stories have their own place for discussion?

Top Bottom