• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big Guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 25, 2014
    Greenwood
    I've only been a member for a short while, but after making a couple gun transactions, I feel pretty secure buying from an INGO'er. I've seen a lot of groups on Facebook, and finally quit following them because of all the idiots, and all the junk they're trying to sell for top dollar. This site is set up really good, with enforceable rules, making it legitimate, and easy to find information, that leads to confidence in the seller, and the buyer.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    It is a little bit safer but I'd still check DL and LTCH to CYA. I've had nothing but great transactions on here too.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I agree wholeheartedly!

Heck, over the weekend I went to one transaction, and happened upon a certain LT6 member who shall remain nameless who was also doing a transaction with the same member as me. It was awesome.

At first as I pulled up I saw the other person's van and was ready to sit back and wait so as not to spook the other member in case they werent a regular(I was told ahead of time another transaction was happening about the same time). The last thing I wanted was to spook that unknown individual and to make them uncomfortable in case they might see me as an unknown threat of some kind. (ambush, etc. given the craigslist shenanigans of late) Then I saw a face I recognized and just had to get out and say hello. We all took care of our transactions at the same time, and then hung around for a few minutes to chat and catch up on things.

This place is indeed quite awesome.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    It is a little bit safer but I'd still check DL and LTCH to CYA. I've had nothing but great transactions on here too.

Plus one this!! I have bought and traded and sold a few on this forum. I have been really happy with the deals. I do look to see if the guy is just a flipper IE the last 150 post were just sales. Those guys usually don't have a clue if the guns check out.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    This site is not a classifieds listing with a forum. It's a forum first and foremost. I browse the classifieds about once a day, at the end of the day. I usually miss deals.

I've been skipped over when I've made good offers on facebook. I've yet to be skipped on here when I was legitimately 1st in line.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Everyone I have sold to or bought from has been easy to talk to/negotiate/meet to sell/buy. I also like having the Itrader so we can look to see what to expect from the other party.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I have to agree, I have a met a lot of good people on here. It does make me feel a little bit safer dealing with members on here as opposed to other web sites.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Caveat Emptor.

INGO is a cross-section of the population just like "in real life".

There are "good" people and there are "bad" people.

Being a member of INGO doesn't mean that they're not also a violent criminal; a cheat, a liar, a thief, adulterer, or any number of peccadilloes.

Now, I'd like to think of all INGOers as being as pure as the driven snow, I know it ain't so.

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    Caveat Emptor.

INGO is a cross-section of the population just like "in real life".

There are "good" people and there are "bad" people.

Being a member of INGO doesn't mean that they're not also a violent criminal; a cheat, a liar, a thief, adulterer, or any number of peccadilloes.

Now, I'd like to think of all INGOers as being as pure as the driven snow, I know it ain't so.

I agree with this, but what separates this from, say, Armslist, is that I can go back and look at all the other things this guy has posted before I ever meet up with him. Often times, what you post says a lot about the type of person you are. For instance, I met with a fellow INGOer recently at his mother's house (more of a "taking care of mom" situation than a "50 year old man living at home" situation). He invited me inside to escape the cold. Normally, I would have politely declined, and stayed outside. Heck, normally I would have insisted on meeting at a private place. But after viewing a handful his 5000+ posts, as well as having another well known INGOer vouch for him, I felt comfortable doing so. And what do you know; everything turned out great.

Not that you can fully rely on post history, but I will be more trusting of someone who has been around for years and spent way too much time on here, than I would someone who made a dash to 50 posts over the course of 12 hours, or some random person from Armslist.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Ive been on this site for years, and done literally thousands of deals on it. To date I have had 1 bad transaction, and it was just a guy who had me pull a rifle off the market until he got paid and could buy it, and never called after I tried to contact him numerous times. So even my bad transaction could have been worse.

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    I've bought and sold a number of things from INGO members and the experience has been 100% positive. Lots of good folks here. I am sure there are some bad apples but they seem to be few and far between. More that one has said something like: "If this isn't just like I advertised, please let me know and I'll make it right."

FERLACH

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    Plainfield
    I have bought, sold, and traded on here about a dozen times. Never had a bad situation or problem. I have bought, sold, and traded on Armslist (guns, accessories, knives, holsters, etc) probably close to 100 times. I have had people never show up, mislead me on what they had, try to trade or sell me non-functioning guns, etc, at least 10 or 12 times. You have to be very careful who you are dealing with on armslist. This is a much better sight. There is another sight (Hoosier Topics) that is just a plain JOKE. No pictures, no history of individual, and e-mail does not even work.

Big Guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 25, 2014
    Greenwood
    I agree with this, but what separates this from, say, Armslist, is that I can go back and look at all the other things this guy has posted before I ever meet up with him. Often times, what you post says a lot about the type of person you are. For instance, I met with a fellow INGOer recently at his mother's house (more of a "taking care of mom" situation than a "50 year old man living at home" situation). He invited me inside to escape the cold. Normally, I would have politely declined, and stayed outside. Heck, normally I would have insisted on meeting at a private place. But after viewing a handful his 5000+ posts, as well as having another well known INGOer vouch for him, I felt comfortable doing so. And what do you know; everything turned out great.

Not that you can fully rely on post history, but I will be more trusting of someone who has been around for years and spent way too much time on here, than I would someone who made a dash to 50 posts over the course of 12 hours, or some random person from Armslist.

I totally agree, I think you stated it quite well.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I've only been a member for a short while, but after making a couple gun transactions, I feel pretty secure buying from an INGO'er. I've seen a lot of groups on Facebook, and finally quit following them because of all the idiots, and all the junk they're trying to sell for top dollar. This site is set up really good, with enforceable rules, making it legitimate, and easy to find information, that leads to confidence in the seller, and the buyer.

Not To nit pick, but use a regular size font, so us OLD COOTS, can read your posts .....

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Since joining Ingo I have made many many deals. I have met many many great people.
    1 bad transaction with an idiot kid that is the only person on my ignore list and 1 I walked away from as the gun was not as specified. Out of the numerous transactions those were minimal.
    I now deal only through the classy's as I can feel comfortable in not having back up with me.

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    This is the only site where I bought a gun without 'talking' to the person first and it went great. I'm old school and like to talk to the seller/trader first to get a feel for what kind of person they are, and believe me, there is an art to that. A lot like reading animals.

Top Bottom