• ...and so much more!
  • lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    In a recently posted thread about door penetration, I also shot a 1.25” thick piece of Plexiglas with various calibers of bullets.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/general_firearms_discussion/121285-range_report_penetration_of_residential_doors_plus_a_bonus_pic_heavy.html#post1481225

The resulting strikes created some interesting patterns within the Plexiglas. Mrs. lovemywoods took a few up close pictures of the patterns created within the Plexiglas after the bullet strikes. Beautiful in their own ways!

vr55bp.jpg

4rtjr8.jpg

xppnwo.jpg

241jv4p.jpg

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    With better lighting and a cleaner background....the possibilities abound for the artistic side of things.

I'm sure she's aware, but rotating, cropping, and desaturating within software are fantastic tools. ;-)

I should come down... We can shoot guns. And then she and I can shoot cameras. HAH!

-J-

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    I love the emails Mrs. Lovemywoods sends me with her photo updates... she has a beautiful perspective on life and what's in it. :)

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I have lots of scrap polycarbonate. All pretty thin and wish I knew how to regrind it and mold it into thick chunks.

I know it's expensive to buy in the thickness you have there. But it would be fun to have a near endless supply of the stuff.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I have lots of scrap polycarbonate. All pretty thin and wish I knew how to regrind it and mold it into thick chunks.

I know it's expensive to buy in the thickness you have there. But it would be fun to have a near endless supply of the stuff.
    Just so you know (if you didn't already) Plexi-glass is a brand name for acrylic sheet. Acrylic sheet isn't the same as polycarb. Acrylic is rather "fragile" compared to polycarb. I'm pretty certain LMW has true plexi-glass/acrylic judging by the large chunk that broke off the top corner. Polycarb shouldn't fracture like that.

Also, I don't think Polycarb will show the neat little fractures etc like the acrylic. You may get some, but not as long, and not as "cool" looking. But I could always been mistaken, it's been a few years since I took a materials class.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Beautiful pictures.
    Im sure if you show them to someone without saying what it is they will have a hard time finding that it was made with a gun.
    And they will find them beautiful, even anti-gun people.
    Especialy the last one, it could look like the wing of a bird.
    Interesting anyway ...

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    I have been trying to combine firearms and art in my studio for a while (I do all the shooting outside of my studio.

I REALLY like that. There is a lot of potential for something like that!

Top Bottom