• Status
    Not open for further replies.

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    It is from last year, I did a search here and didn't find a thread about it. It just upset me how they portray everyone to be jacklegs. Basically telling you, you're better off being a sheep.

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    What a fake "test"...

Why on Earth would anyone draw a paint marker to return fire if they truly think that someone just came into the room shooting real bullets? It's obviously staged, otherwise the "subjects" would have made the effort to flee along with the "actors".

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Bull! How many co-conspirators work together in a classroom. From recent recollection that did not happen at NIU, VT, or any other school, except Columbine. I carry my gun in order to protect myself, if the situation allows. Nobody knows what will happen when/if a gun is pointed at him, but I would rather have mine and not pull it because the situation didn't allow, rather than having a gun pulled on me and not having mine.

I would be willing to allow some type of voluntary class for all CCP holders if there was some kind of discount on homeowners insurance. It wouldn't hurt for some to experience semi-real situations and gauge their reaction.

Bottom line, I have never met anyone who lost a loved one, who said "I'm glad he didn't have a gun."

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    It is from last year, I did a search here and didn't find a thread about it. It just upset me how they portray everyone to be jacklegs. Basically telling you, you're better off being a sheep.

Yep, that is what they want. There are too many sheep already if you ask me, but they want everyone to be one to make their lives easier.

I Like Firearms

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Its BULLSH*T.. Cmon,, They had no chance at all, the firearms instructor who shoots for a living comes in shoots the instructor and automatically turns and starts shooting at the "subject" BS, And are thugs really that talented with a gun?

wwdkd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Valparaiso
    I'm disappointed in ABC. Usually they are fairly unbiased when doing stories, but that was a terrible. They made gun carriers out to be incompetent. Their experiment was also bad for several reasons. First, after the gunman killed the teacher they immediately aimed for the armed student. In real life the shooter is not going to know which student specifically has a weapon. That would allow for the armed student to draw and fire his or her weapon potentially before the gunman even saw him or her. Next, the students in the exercise had a day of training (minus the last guy who said he was experienced) so of course a police instructor is going to be able to kill them in a small room before they draw.

Watching that video makes me want to make my own video to show how well a trained student carrying a weapon can do against a bad guy.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom