• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Watching 20/20 tonight and they showed a preview for next Friday's (April 10) show titled, "If I only had a gun".

Diane Sawyer will be hosting the show. Here is the script the best I could catch it from the preview:

"It's happened again, another deadly shooting spree. With so many like them, you may think 'if I only had a gun'. And next Friday, if you had a gun, would you be able to defend yourself? What about the toxic attraction to guns, and how easy can you get them? A Diane Sawyer special at 10/9c next Friday, only on ABC. If I only had a gun".

Well, it is an interesting concept for a show, but I'm afraid it is going to be very anti-gun in its portrayal. The fact Diane Sawyer is going to host it, and that the preview says, "What about the toxic attraction to guns?" leads me to believe this will not be a fair story.

I encourage everyone to watch the show next Friday and be prepared to share your thoughts with ABC management.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Watching 20/20 tonight and they showed a preview for next Friday's (April 10) show titled, "If I only had a gun".

Diane Sawyer will be hosting the show. Here is the script the best I could catch it from the preview:

"It's happened again, another deadly shooting spree. With so many like them, you may think 'if I only had a gun'. And next Friday, if you had a gun, would you be able to defend yourself? What about the toxic attraction to guns, and how easy can you get them? A Diane Sawyer special at 10/9c next Friday, only on ABC. If I only had a gun".

Well, it is an interesting concept for a show, but I'm afraid it is going to be very anti-gun in its portrayal. The fact Diane Sawyer is going to host it, and that the preview says, "What about the toxic attraction to guns?" leads me to believe this will not be a fair story.

I encourage everyone to watch the show next Friday and be prepared to share your thoughts with ABC management.

She was bad mouthing guns this evening on the ABC World News - it'll be a hatchet job for sure

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    An unbiased news agency is a rare thing nowadays, that's just as true for ABC as it is for Fox or CNN.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    i love the dvr. hope weather is good for steel on friday
    I've been lazy about getting/building a dvr in this HD age. I've had cable internet access (without TV) for the last year and pretty much download anything I want to see.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I've been lazy about getting/building a dvr in this HD age. I've had cable internet access (without TV) for the last year and pretty much download anything I want to see.

DVR is the only think that makes cable worth any money.

It is amazing to have 200 channels and still not find anything worth watching :dunno:

T J

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Castleton
    Unless John Stossel has a segment in this special, there will probably be no pro-gun right's view that doesn't make supporters look like crazy people.

Goto youtube and search for John Stossel. He's definitely the diamond in the rough when it comes to ABC news.

Hustlehard

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    Noblesville
    I will def watch this, some sich $hit goin' on out here, my conspiracy radar is going off...dude was sent there by the gov't to kill those folks, another black mark against guns in America, true? maybe not, but we never know

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I will def watch this, some sich goin' on out here, my conspiracy radar is going off...dude was sent there by the gov't to kill those folks, another black mark against guns in America, true? maybe not, but we never know
    Wow, I don't know who to be scared of!

Top Bottom