• Status
    Not open for further replies.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    For those vets of OC this might seem Rhetoric, or old hat, but those of us who are baby stepping the OC still have that tingle in our loins and feel like boasting a bit. So instead of having a ever growing list of new threads about OC'ing and where, or if your new to CC, this could be your place too.

:patriot: Where did you OC today? :patriot:

What was your experience?

Last edited:

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    In my house this morning... until I put my sweatshirt on over my shirt and gun!

Seriously, this should be an interesting thread. I have not really OC'd in public settings and enjoy hearing OC stories from others...

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I OC all over but I'll just mention the last trip of note outside my area:

Downtown Indy around the circle and into a few shops and then dinner at Fogo de Chao. No comments - no gawking.

Mmm... :)

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    All around Irvington, Warren Park, and ALL the neighborhoods around them. Did that all day today. No one ever even asked if I was a cop. Maybe it was the uniform.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    OC in Wally World on Emerson and I-465. Was really busy in there. Stopped at Speedway on Southeastern and Arlington. Did a walk around the neighborhood with my daughter. Community garage sale this weekend.

Only comment was at one of the garage sales. A lady asked if my firearm was my automatic I win price negotiator. :D

millsusaf

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Carmel
    I haven't gotten the nerve up to completely open carry although I commonly OWB carry with just a T-shirt covering it. I'll call this semi-OC. hahaha Most of the time it's pretty obvious that I have a gun on as my T's tend to be more on the fitted side and the barrel of the 1911 usually sticks out the bottom. But the biggest reason is I only have a Fobus holster and quite frankly am a little embarrassed by this. hahahaha Once I get around to forming a OWB Kydex holster for it I will most likely go full out OC.

Anyway, for today's list of semi-OC:

Bank
    Sports Clips
    Target
    Harbor Freight
    Jo-Ann Fabrics
    The clearance racks at Gander Mountain (on sidewalk)
    Sunbelt Rentals
    Sears

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Indianapolis fire department has a strick NO FIREARMS attached to our gear policy... i did not OC today.... i dont think the public could quite understand a bunch of fireman toting guns around.

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    First time ever. I have a supertuck, but was outside jackhammering all day and had a tucked in shirt. Went to pick up pizza, but chickened out in the parking lot and untucked my shirt...Then I went to the rental place to get the hose fixed and left my shirt tucked. He looked a bit surprised, but only on the way out. He may have just noticed. Felt very self conscious. Didn't like the feeling, honestly.

I do have some pictures to post of my gun/holster after a day of concrete powder. It's EVERYWHERE! Dirtiest my new glock has gotten. No worries that it wouldn't go bang though. I love my Glock.

Jubbie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Northwest Indiana (slacker)
    Went to Wal-Mart in Schererville, no problems till I went to load my car with the top soil bags I purchased. The young male Wal-Mart associate who helps people load their cars asked if I was an officer. I replied, "No, I'm just a Hoosier." Turns out he isn't, he lives in Illinois. Long story short, I discussed with him the Indiana laws on carry, and he soon realized the people in Illinois were screwed since they can't protect themselves. Told him to buy a knife and duck.

Also, walked my dog around my neighborhood, which is a daily thing. Couple hours later took him to PetSmart to socialize with all the dogs & people at the adopt-a-thon. Everyone wants to say 'hi' to a Great Dane. Just another day OC'ing, no problems.

Last edited:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Ruby Tuesday's in Terre Haute after the RileyCC steel match. No comments, other than those from my admirer expressing her infatuation with me.

The Marathon station's convenience store south of Greencastle on US231 and US40. Some kid made a big point of waving to me, but I think he thought he knew me.

I would have done it in Blockbuster too, but I didn't have time to stop.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom