• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I don't care if you're "spanking the monkey" in there.

If you have to unholster in the restroom, then you're doing it wrong. :rolleyes:

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    My question: If a LEO needs to 'use the facilities' (sitting down that is) why doesn't the whole duty belt come off. If I remember right, just unsnap 4 belt keepers and unbuckle. Do the reverse when finished.

Crbn79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Indianapolis, North
    My question: If a LEO needs to 'use the facilities' (sitting down that is) why doesn't the whole duty belt come off. If I remember right, just unsnap 4 belt keepers and unbuckle. Do the reverse when finished.
    That's the way I always did it. Then hang the duty belt on the back of the door on the jacket hook.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I don't care if you're "spanking the monkey" in there.

If you have to unholster in the restroom, then you're doing it wrong. :rolleyes:

Not quite true. 2 issues. My duty belt weights about 30lbs or so fully loaded. So, when I donning and doffing my belt, I do so without my handgun in the holster as the added weight makes it extremely difficult to "whip" my nylon belt around my back so I can snap the buckle. Nylon is so much more flexible than leather, which is why it makes for a more comfortable duty belt but with all the weight on it and without the keepers holding it to my trouser belt, its like a wet noodle. Also, my belt keepers on either side of my holster are almost impossible to snap together with the pistol in place. If I have to take a deuce I will use a dept toilet where I can lay my belt out, all my keepers, my radio, and my pistol...they all have to come off.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Not quite true. 2 issues. My duty belt weights about 30lbs or so fully loaded. So, when I donning and doffing my belt, I do so without my handgun in the holster as the added weight makes it extremely difficult to "whip" my nylon belt around my back so I can snap the buckle. Nylon is so much more flexible than leather, which is why it makes for a more comfortable duty belt but with all the weight on it and without the keepers holding it to my trouser belt, its like a wet noodle. Also, my belt keepers on either side of my holster are almost impossible to snap together with the pistol in place. If I have to take a deuce I will use a dept toilet where I can lay my belt out, all my keepers, my radio, and my pistol...they all have to come off.

Same here and I attempt to avoid having to mess with all of that at work if at all possible.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton

Probably was not wearing a uniform. Our SRO switches between uniform and street cloths.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    "removed the gun while using the restroom and forgot to place it back in its holster"

Then it goes on to say -

"He said the gun was in a retention holster, which requires knowledge of how to remove it."

The writeup is a little hinky, to say the least.

I didn't realize that some guys have been taking their duty belts off just to hit the head. Huge hassle.
    How about installing a "Farmer John Rear Access Panel".

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Clearly all resource officers should be required to get colostomies so this sort of thing never happens again. How about proximity alarms in the holster? OOh.... $$$$ idea right there...

Top Bottom