• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Markedup

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) -" Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department officer David Bisard's trial will be held in Fort Wayne, a Marion County judge decided Thursday"

Is Bisard still an IMPD officer, or is WISH wrong?

Thanks

Mark

Sheepdog2305

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    He is still suspended WITHOUT pay, the merit board cannot terminate him YET. Waiting on the obvious. He has no equipment or is any way doing anything connected to the dept anymore. And before everyone goes up in arms, check the maximums that any citizen can get for what he did. It will be no different for him. The officers on that dept still take crap on a daily basis over him and most don't even know the guy.

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    How about he mans up and faces his charges. I have not seen ALL evidence, but by what has been presented, he appears guilty. It IS known that he hit another motorist, and that individual died from the injuries.

Sheepdog2305

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    He's facing charges. And it will all shake out in court like it does for everyone. Everybody keeps saying how they'd be in jail already if it were them. Well, he did go to jail, and he bonded out. Almost everyone has the opportunity to bond out quickly like that, including drunk drivers who kill people. Hell, there are NFL players that have killed folks and were back on the field in no time at all! **** ain't right, but it happens. Didn't Ted Kennedy kill some people when he was driving drunk? These things involving death take years, it shouldn't but it does. He hasn't recieved any kind of special treatment and it's being handled like every other case. He just has good lawyers, but you can too if you pay for them like he did for years through his bi-weekly FOP dues. If i paid for something, i'd expect to get to use it also. You should believe in the rule of law. It's not perfect, far from it sometimes, but it's all we have. That and Karma ha! He'll get what's coming to him. He will be treated just like any regular citizen. There are no special exemptions for cops, or anyone else for that matter. I see far too many guilty people get off with hardly anything all the time in our courts. I wouldn't expect that he'll be able to do that because of how well known this case is. Nothing can bring Eric back or heal Kurt's wounds, but maybe they get what they need from the outcome of this trial.

Mos Eisley

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Fair as in convicted of the crimes he committed, or fair as in it is a shame he is getting railroaded?

If I had committed that crime I would be in prison already.

If you pick either description, you don't know what the word "fair" means. Each of your descriptions contain bias.

And if you had committed this crime, you would have had the same opportunity to post bail, and your attorney would have had the same opportunity to object to the mishandling of evidence and other issues in your favor.

Drunk driving, even when you kill someone, is not treated with the severity that you think it is in this state, no matter who you are. Ask any attorney if you don't believe me.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    He's facing charges. And it will all shake out in court like it does for everyone. Everybody keeps saying how they'd be in jail already if it were them. Well, he did go to jail, and he bonded out. Almost everyone has the opportunity to bond out quickly like that, including drunk drivers who kill people. Hell, there are NFL players that have killed folks and were back on the field in no time at all! **** ain't right, but it happens. Didn't Ted Kennedy kill some people when he was driving drunk? These things involving death take years, it shouldn't but it does. He hasn't recieved any kind of special treatment and it's being handled like every other case. He just has good lawyers, but you can too if you pay for them like he did for years through his bi-weekly FOP dues. If i paid for something, i'd expect to get to use it also. You should believe in the rule of law. It's not perfect, far from it sometimes, but it's all we have. That and Karma ha! He'll get what's coming to him. He will be treated just like any regular citizen. There are no special exemptions for cops, or anyone else for that matter. I see far too many guilty people get off with hardly anything all the time in our courts. I wouldn't expect that he'll be able to do that because of how well known this case is. Nothing can bring Eric back or heal Kurt's wounds, but maybe they get what they need from the outcome of this trial.

Was the girl who hit the ambulance blood draw handled as poorly as Bisard's or did they make sure it was done perfectly since the victims were their own?

Sheepdog2305

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    That girl was not drunk or arrested so that is moot. She blew a .03 and they took her blood. She was found not to be over .08 and therefore not charged. She still had alcohol in her system and killed two people, but no charges. Do you think that was fair?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    That girl was not drunk or arrested so that is moot. She blew a .03 and they took her blood. She was found not to be over .08 and therefore not charged. She still had alcohol in her system and killed two people, but no charges. Do you think that was fair?

Did they botch the draw or did they make sure everything was done correctly when the victims were their own?

Somebody knew Bisard was a drunk. Somebody didnt do anything about it beforehand.

Sheepdog2305

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    I don't believe in the cover up conspiracy theory so I'm not getting into that whole line of what ifs ha! Sorry. I do agree with you on somebody knew ahead of time IF he had a drinking problem. I would be asking what his wife knew. Let me ask you this; We are all about our rights here right? Well, after Bisard happened the dept made it a policy to perform PBT's on officers after crashes or any other thing involving the probable cause to do so. Even if alcohol is not suspected and there are no other signs of impairment. Not so bad right? Last week an officer was driving home (in squad car, but not stopped by supervisors while driving as is required for citizens) on 465 and someone called in an anonymous complaint stating that he was swerving and may be drunk. 20 minutes later that officer gets a knock at his front door. He was getting dressed for work, looked outside and saw his Sgt. and another officer. They asked him to take a PBT test. He did, and it registered .000. Ok, that is a policy that officers have to abide by now, but it's illegal for the police to require a citizen to do that if they aren't caught in the car. I believe that's a violation of our 4A right to illegal search and seizure, is it not? Imagine if your boss showed up at your home when you weren't on the clock and required ou to do that.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Did they botch the draw or did they make sure everything was done correctly when the victims were their own?

Somebody knew Bisard was a drunk. Somebody didnt do anything about it beforehand.

The Lawrence LT that took Dave's blood is no longer an officer, the law about WHERE and WHO takes blood was also changed since then. So nope, no botching. Of course who looks closely at evidence handling in a case where there was no law broken or charges :dunno:. You find me that person that knows Dave was a drunk because I worked with him, some of my very good friends hung out with him since he was an officer in Noblesville and knew him VERY well. There was NEVER one red flag. To say we were shocked at the results is a VAST understatement. We do look forward to this trial, as the victims do, regardless of the outcome we can finally put this goat rope behind us for good.

Top Bottom