Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Combat Pawn Premiere Promo Video - Combat Pawn on truTV.com

This Sunday at 10:30pm, on Tru TV

32255.jpg

Get Ready to Lock and Load

truTV is about to take a very different look at the pawn business in this all-new series! Go behind the scenes at Guns Plus, a unique pawn store in Fort Bragg, NC that specializes in weapons and military-inspired collectables.

Darkstar

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Jackson County
    I just saw this advertised on TruTV and thought I'd post about it, but it looks like I'm a little behind on the times! I think that this may be an interesting show if they don't do the show like they do hardcore pawn or have them rip off customers like in American guns.

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    I have the first one set to record. It will really depend on how they do it as to if I continue watching it or not.

stack23

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    NWI
    Can't stand anything on truTv, there's nothing "tru" about the shows.. So fake and scripted it's ridiculous

Darkstar

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Jackson County
    I just watched it too, I have to say that I was pretty disappointed. I was actually hoping this show might be more about guns than drama, but it seems that it might end up being another hardcore pawn.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I will pass.

Why is it everyone of these "Reality" TV shows that centers around guns have to have a cast of douchebags? :dunno:

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I will pass.

Why is it everyone of these "Reality" TV shows that centers around guns have to have a cast of douchebags? :dunno:

My guess would be that it is because a "normal" person in their right mind wouldn't want to be followed by cameras on a daily basis. I've only caught an episode or two of the show where the guy uses his wife and daughter as sales tools and I stopped watching Will and his crew of clowns a long time ago. The people that want to be involved in shows like that are usually doing it for the attention (good or bad) that it brings to fulfill an ego trip.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    :tinfoil: Don't you know it's all part of the mediocracy conspiracy to make gun people look like unstable d-bags in order to influence the sheeple to fear us and run to them for advice and protection?

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    My guess would be that it is because a "normal" person in their right mind wouldn't want to be followed by cameras on a daily basis. I've only caught an episode or two of the show where the guy uses his wife and daughter as sales tools and I stopped watching Will and his crew of clowns a long time ago. The people that want to be involved in shows like that are usually doing it for the attention (good or bad) that it brings to fulfill an ego trip.

That and I'm betting the money is a big part getting people to perform like circus monkeys.

:tinfoil: Don't you know it's all part of the mediocracy conspiracy to make gun people look like unstable d-bags in order to influence the sheeple to fear us and run to them for advice and protection?

Funny, but these shows certainly are not doing anything but painting a negative picture of gun enthusiasts. Wish I knew someone that had no experience with the "gun world" so I could ask what kind of impressions they were drawing off these shows.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    That and I'm betting the money is a big part getting people to perform like circus monkeys.

Anybody have any idea what these guys get paid to be on the show? The cast of Pawn Stars, American Pickers, Cajun Pawn Stars, etc? In some ways, the cast act as if they are rolling in money and others, they don't.

Htrailblazer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Franklin
    There was so much fail in the first 10mins. tactical store openings with ARs???? obviously scripted fight over a ****ty shotgun??? that was enough for me I will not be watching.

Top Bottom