• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    Does anyone live next to that guy.. You know the Lawn queen... of the neighborhood? They guy who cuts his grass two times a week? And does it at the crack of dawn when you are trying to sleep? And cuts it where the grass is too low? I frankly am not willing to cut my grass that low, as cutting grass super low promotes weeds.. I am not trying to out do my neighbor or else i would cut my grass 3 times a week. But i need to confront him because the time isn't right, and then always asks hey when you going to cut your grass like i seem to neglect its there, and its 2 foot tall or something. (when in reality it might be 3.5 inches..

Is there a nice way of telling your neighbor "up yours" Other than spraying his entire yard with round up?

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Turn computer speakers and subwoofer all the way to max. Install Call of Duty.

Start playing game at 2:30 am. Play for one hour. Do this every day that neighbor mows early in the morning. Rinse and Repeat as needed.

Then do what Hornady said...

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    next time he gives your the business say:

"I understand that you life is not fulfilling enough that you feel as though you must obsess over your lawn. I get it, I really do. However, you see. I have a great life full of lots of delightful commitments. I get to my yard in due time, but typically I'm out having a good time with friends and family. If you feel you need more in your life, let me know and the next time I go out to the range, you can tag along and fire off a few rounds, enjoy your day."

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    I have no suggestion other than civil conversation with the guy and a polite request to not mow so early. Not much else that can be done without escalating the situation to something that neither of you probably want.

However, the biggest reason I opened this thread was the combination of the title with the apparent answer directly underneath (your screenname)

It is quite funny. :D

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    You're actually considering complaining because your neighbor takes too good care of his lawn? Give me a break. My neighbor rents, and doesn't give a crap about his property. It is filled with weeds, and gets cut about twice a year. Meanwhile all his dandillion seeds are blowing all over my lawn. You should thank your neighbor, not rant about him IMO, LOL.

Jaredjosh

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    Indy
    Why not just simply ask nicely? You know the old saying is true that you can catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

This would be the first step and hopefully the last.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Your neighbor mows his grass???? OH THE HUMANITY. GET OVER IT!!! Be thankful it is not the other way. It is his yard and he can mow it every day if he chooses.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I have no suggestion other than civil conversation with the guy and a polite request to not mow so early.

:+1: Just ask the guy to mow a little later in the day. As for how short he mows it, why is it any of your business? If he's complaining about the length of your grass, then you can (politely) tell him to get bent.

I swear, people get into a subdivision and then think they're the King of all their neighbors' business... :xmad:

$mooth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Texas
    next time he gives your the business say:

"I understand that you life is not fulfilling enough that you feel as though you must obsess over your lawn. I get it, I really do. However, you see. I have a great life full of lots of delightful commitments. I get to my yard in due time, but typically I'm out having a good time with friends and family. If you feel you need more in your life, let me know and the next time I go out to the range, you can tag along and fire off a few rounds, enjoy your day."

I wouldn't be so long winded, but I'd wait for one of his quips and counter with something along those lines. I prefer my lawn to be livable, not look like a golf course. You can't enjoy the grass on a golf course, it's just there.

Why not just simply ask nicely? You know the old saying is true that you can catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

This would be the first step and hopefully the last.

Unfortunately, that is not true. Flies prefer vinegar to honey. You're welcome.:D

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    You're actually considering complaining because your neighbor takes too good care of his lawn? Give me a break. My neighbor rents, and doesn't give a crap about his property. It is filled with weeds, and gets cut about twice a year. Meanwhile all his dandillion seeds are blowing all over my lawn. You should thank your neighbor, not rant about him IMO, LOL.

Dandelion seeds blowing into your yard? He brought in the big artillery. He's using his property as a weapon against you.

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Are you my neighbor? Because I am "That Guy", I am also that guy that OCs while cutting his grass. I don't cut it that early all the time but if I know it's going to be hot, or I've got plans after work, then sure why not. I keep a nice yard and it's my goal to try and have the best yard on the block. If you don't like it don't look at it, and if it's too early for you, sorry it's what works best with my schedule.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Yeah, sounds like simple conversation may work here. Maybe he works nights and wants to mow before going to bed? May be more than him trying to be a jerk. Most people don't try to do that.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    How to handle it? You mean other than put your neighbor in for a medal?

Someone is squared away and we need to tell him off? Maybe we buckle down and copy him? Just imagine if all the neighborhood looked like that? The horror.:D

JustinCase

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Greenwood
    I have no suggestion other than civil conversation with the guy and a polite request to not mow so early. Not much else that can be done without escalating the situation to something that neither of you probably want.

Agreed. Sounds like he is being a little jerkish about his perception that you are not adequately caring for your lawn. Some people are just that way and there is no changing them. Unless you have the option of moving, you will have to find a way to co-exist or things will only get worse.

Top Bottom