• Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    WTHR is reporting they were serving a Child Support Warrant

Big question: WHY is a Fed officer attending the service of a LOCAL warrant?

Um, yeah. Somebody's going to have to bone up on their coverup techniques; what few things can't be kept from leaking out keep clashing.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Morgan Cty Rsident, Johnson Cty LE, Frankiln City LE , Fed LE, NO Morgan Cty LE initially.

Local News (WCBK radio) said it was a drug TF, TV news sez different.

Whole lot of wrong here. Just don't know where it comes from.

added: My guess? Feds couldn't a judge to sign off on a search warrant so, they piggy backed with Local LE hoping for a plain sight bust during the service.

Last edited:

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    "Four law enforcement officers, consisting of one federal agent, two deputies from the Johnson County Sheriff’s Department and one officer from the Franklin City Police Department,"

An awful lot of agencies that don't even belong in Morgan County. Isn't there still something known as Jursdictional Boundaries?

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    OK, so someone had to do it...

picture.php

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    WTHR is reporting they were serving a Child Support Warrant

Big question: WHY is a Fed officer attending the service of a LOCAL warrant?
    According to the written article, they were serving Richard Simmons with ID theft warrant and burglary, they were serving another resident of the home with child support warrant. Richard was renting the basement.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    How did 4 LE officers end up as "hostages" or pinned in a room? I was in the area going to Indy as the additional forces were starting to show up. New it was not good, but still shaking my head at what happened?

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    And just as I suspected, WTHR just reported he used a fully automatic weapon, which of course was then reported as an "AK-47", along with a "handgun".

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Good question. Anyone have any insight?

Was this a warrant from another state? Was the fed there to serve a different warrant?

Locally, anyway, (which is not in Morgan Co) U.S. Marshals assist in service of quite a few state warrants. This is especially true of local LE's who are assigned to the Marshals and sworn as Marshals on a rotating basis. There are officers from several local agencies who participate in that program and serve as federal Marshals for a year or two. IME, they serve or assist in serving quite a few state warrants.

Best,

Joe

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    Well first off...it was not me. With that out of the way they are now reporting that the"fed" was really an impd officer assigned to the marshal's office, so not a fed after all.

Top Bottom