• ...and so much more!
  • JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Because Jamil said so:

If people want to discuss how ****ty "prime" purchases are start a thread and post the link here. That's not what this thread is about.

:D

I've had pretty good luck, we seem to be pretty close to a couple Amazon warehouses and I've had Prime packages show up the next day. Even have had Sunday delivery on some items from time to time. One thing I like is to hit no-rush shipping if I'm not in a hurry to get something; sometimes with the warehouse proximity I'll still get it in two days and I'll get a $1 eBook credit on top of it.

Last edited:

packard

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    I like how I can order something I need ASAP that only costs $9.99 and don't have to pay $7.99 shipping and still get it in 2 days.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Pays for itself pretty quick. Same day and free one day deliveries are a great perk.

Also have the prime rewards card, which is just racking up free money.

I've found a couple shows that were convenient to watch on the Prime video service for free, as well.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I ordered gifts at 8pm Christmas Eve and had them by 10pm. I sent a package of candy to a local ER I work at Christmas Eve and they loved it. AmazonNOW is worth checking out if you live close enough. My son broke our dual charger for their Galaxy tabs. I used PrimeNow and had two replacements in hand 2.5 hours later.

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    Well, how many credit cards do you already have?

Also have the prime rewards card, which is just racking up free money.

Very nearly zilch is ever free. It's a business, and there's an angle.

-Nate

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Well, how many credit cards do you already have?

Very nearly zilch is ever free. It's a business, and there's an angle.

-Nate

Two, with this being one. We buy so much on Amazon already, it made sense.

Use the rewards money to pay toward the balance, and obviously pay it off twice a month... never any interest. Only benefit.

Our other CC had a 10% cash back on Amazon last month... that was crazy nice.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    I love it. I'm somewhat tied to Amazon rather than other retailers, but they are usually the best price anyway.

I placed over 100 orders on 2015 (personal and business), and my wife probably did another 40. So that is already less than $1 per for two-day shipping. And we use the video service a decent bit as well.

Oh, and my wife just finished grad school this month, so we've been getting Prime for $49/year (student rate). It's really hard to beat that.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    I was skeptical but at the end of my first year with prime I am glad I bought it.

If you order enough, it pays for itself.

But you do have to watch the price. Sometimes the free prime shipping item is more than you'd pat with shipping elsewhere, or more than buying at a local store

WWalker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2012
    First got it in Sept. when I caught in on a special they were running for about 1/3 off. Pretty happy at that price point, don't think I will re-new at full price. Personally I think the selection on prime video is pretty weak. Netflix is sooooo much better.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    My girlfriend has it and we use it very often. Very handy.

She's a student so she got the discounted rate. I think she's going to renew when she's done as well.

historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart
    We got it when I went back to grad school. Our CC had 10% back on Amazon orders this past quarter, so with school books (only one was a couple of bucks more from another seller, and that was less than the 10% back) it has pretty much paid for itself. We don't use much prime TV, as we have netflix, but it is nice to have a few different shows. My only complaint is how they merge the Free Prime TV shows with the pay ones. However, as long as you turn off the ordering info, you are good to go. We also use smile.amazon.com and our local crisis pregnancy center (or any other charity you choose) gets 0.5% of our purchase price donated. Not a lot, but it adds up, especially with textbooks! :faint:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    It appears the attraction is the fast, free shipping since you can get free shipping on orders over $35. It just takes longer. I am patient and don't mind waiting for 3-7 days to get what I have ordered.

I don't do Netflix or any other TV viewing like that. I am still in the stone age of just having cable TV.

Is there other benefits that might sway me to buy a Prime membership?

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    It appears the attraction is the fast, free shipping since you can get free shipping on orders over $35. It just takes longer. I am patient and don't mind waiting for 3-7 days to get what I have ordered.

I don't do Netflix or any other TV viewing like that. I am still in the stone age of just having cable TV.

Is there other benefits that might sway me to buy a Prime membership?

If you dont mind waiting and choose the no-rush, you usually get ~6 dollars to spend in the Amazon Pantry for every order. It adds up.

Top Bottom