• What is your household income?

• Total voters

Bonkers4Bacon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    Fields of Green
    I'm curious what the average household income is of INGOers. We tend to see both ends of the spectrum in terms of firearms here, from "just scrounged up enough to get a Hi-Point" to "just ordered 5 new Les Baers because its raining outside."

I'm also curious what the ratio of "income : money spent on firearms" is. Between my wife and I, we make around $65k combined, and I have a very (relatively) small stock of ammo and just two firearms. We could afford to spend more on guns/ammo but we have other projects that are soaking up funding right now.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    I'm curious what the average household income is of INGOers. We tend to see both ends of the spectrum in terms of firearms here, from "just scrounged up enough to get a Hi-Point" to "just ordered 5 new Les Baers because its raining outside."

I'm also curious what the ratio of "income : money spent on firearms" is. Between my wife and I, we make around $65k combined, and I have a very (relatively) small stock of ammo and just two firearms. We could afford to spend more on guns/ammo but we have other projects that are soaking up funding right now.

Our household income is around the same, with 2 firearms and less than 2000 rounds of ammo.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    My wife and I make around 55k per year. I have most of the firearms I need right now. Two 9mm, a 1911, .357, .22 pistol, couple shotguns, couple .22 rifles, and an AR. Most of my gun money goes to ammo. Just enough to keep a couple hundred rounds on hand.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    Our gun to income ratio is probably a little high, plus reloading equipment and supplies. Best bet is to stay out of gun shops and not look at the INGO classifieds!

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    The time of year dictates, and what is going on, dictates how much I spend on firearms/ammo. There is no specific percentage that I will spend on shooting but it really all depends on my current state. Since we are in the process of buying/selling a house and have another child on the way, my purchases have slowed and pretty much stopped this year, I'm sure once everything gets settled down and we are back to a more normal life, I will get back to buying. I was getting crazy with my purchased a few years back and wasnt saving as much as I should, so I now have an monthly allowance that I use for all my firearm/ammo/training/accessories purchases. Makes me think about what I actually want before going out and dropping lots of money on my next purchase.... as it usually takes me 6-12 months to save to the next items I usually want.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I make 70k-ish depending on overtime for the year, my wife stays home with the kiddos. One pistol for me, one for the wifey, one AR-15, one bolt rifle, and one semi-auto .22 rifle. Once I get a shotgun my gun collection will be complete. Not much ammo. We do ok. No debt other than the house.

:popcorn:

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I make around 55k and that's all now that the cheating ex-wife is gone. I have 3 hand guns (a tupperware XDm, a 1911, and a revolver), a .22, 2 shotguns, an AR, a Mosin, and a muzzeloader. More are planned in the future, but I am planning to start building my house/mancave this fall so my funds are being tied up.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    My "ratio" of income to firearms is very, very low. I've only purchased a few. Largest firearm expense is ammo and range membership(s).

I am into firearms more for utility than a hobby, though.

Top Bottom