• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • burt gummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    noblesville
    ok so iv been having a few problems at my job, and last week I was sitting in the break room for a few minutes cause I had to take a phone call, and my bosses boss, walked by and I politely waved and the next day my boss told me he got a call from her and I quote "my blood was boiling" she said, and I told my boss I just sat down to take a call but he didn't care and he said I should be looking for a new job, I work at a "private school" the next day I was walking with my boss and he said to me "you know that nobody likes you here" I said yes I figured I was the black sheep, so im looking for new work because of the harassment by the staff, I asked my boss why nobody likes me and he just said they just don't like me, and this is a job that I have stayed until 2am at one time to set up for a even the next day and I never received overtime, just a thanks and handshake, I have done nothing wrong to the staff and im always very polite to them, so any ideas? im tired of the harassment

burt gummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    noblesville
    @mbills2223 hard to ignore my boss saying to find a another job, I really need this job but im just sick of the harassment from the staff and nobody talks to me just to my boss, I get treated like dirt and iv done nothing to deserve it

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    @mbills2223 hard to ignore my boss saying to find a another job, I really need this job but im just sick of the harassment from the staff and nobody talks to me just to my boss, I get treated like dirt and iv done nothing to deserve it

Time to move on. Some situations are just not fixable.

burt gummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    noblesville
    well I cant leave my apartment cause I just signed a 18month lease and rent is $736 a month, my cats eat better then I do, so I need the same pay just a different job, im cheap as hell I don't even run my ac in the summer and I don't have cable and I use blankets in the winter, Ebenezer Scrooge would be happy with me lol

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    well I cant leave my apartment cause I just signed a 18month lease and rent is $736 a month, my cats eat better then I do, so I need the same pay just a different job, im cheap as hell I don't even run my ac in the summer and I don't have cable and I use blankets in the winter, Ebenezer Scrooge would be happy with me lol

Damn Burt....get some training/skills developed.
    Not being snarky just saying. Time to move "Up" not across.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    @churchmouse I am looking for a new job, just need one that matches the pay and benefits

Last year I had a job in construction for the last three years and worked five months out of the year and in December finally got a year around job at a third of the pay rate with paid holidays and sick days with insurance. You can adjust to less pay and still have a life. Good luck in the job hunt.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    @shibumiseeker I will not get unemployment, since its a private school they don't pay into that so I will be fu**ed :(

:scratch:.....WHUT?......
    are you a....employee of said place?......or a sub-contractor?

if you git a W2 at end the year....vs a 1099.....they cain't NOT pay it.....it's ILLegal
    by LAW....they got'a pay un-employment on ya.....match yer SS......pay workers comp on ya.....etc......NO way around it.....legally.....:whistle:

An' they's a real fine line.......that seperates employee from sub-contractor.....and it don't take much ta cross it.....

but like sumbody else said.....record/doc EVERthing......do yer job, don't put yerself in compromise'n position ....that they can 'write'cha UP'......go on about yer job/bizznizz......let THEM 'eF up.......then go the NLRB.......

burt gummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    noblesville
    @harleyrider_50 I was told by my boss I wouldn't get unemployment so I will have to check, I just need a new job the people will throw me under the bus any chance they get, I could get in trouble for drinking water just cause they will complain about anything

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    In addition to the above advice, you need to be discretely documenting each and every incident of harassment. And make sure that they are the ones who fire you if you do not have a new job lined up, else you can get screwed out of unemployment.

Burt,

Shibumiseeker ^^^ beat me to this.

No matter what happens and what you decide to do you need to protect yourself from all possible contingencies. Document every act of harassment NO MATTER HOW PETTY it seems! Go backwards in your memory and write down dates and times as best as you can remember them (ie. "on or about Feb 10th, 2015 my boss...")

I agree that we don't all fit in with all groups and that your peace of mind is very important, but I am going with what you have right now, in front of you on the table.

Also document every single time you get a project done on time and/or on budget. This will help you if you need it for performance evaluations if you have any.

In the end you will probably wind up with a small novel of notes, which might seem petty for each one but if you ever need to fight legally your attorney will far more appreciate a mountain of notes than a total lack of specifics.

Good luck in finding a solution.

Regards,

Doug

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    A crap boss will say anything to gain power/control over you/. If as our mumbling buddy H-50 tried to say (hey, I understand him) if you get a W-2 you are an employee. Taxes are paid. If not someone is doing you dirty.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Good lord that was a helluva sentence.

First off, this is not a healthy work environment for you. You should be looking elsewhere for that reason alone, regardless of them being snarky jerks. They're probably just trying to force you out rather than fire you. It's stupid but it happens.

Second, if you're looking to make a lateral move this time, you should also be looking at what development you can do to yourself so your next career move will be up instead of sideways.

As far as the lease is concerned, that's a pretty inexpensive place as it is, but if you feel that getting out of it would give you more breathing room just talk to your landlord. Tell them what's up. Ask nicely if they'd work with you and get someone else in there and let you out of the lease. Can't hurt to ask.

Good luck. Miserable jobs really take a huge toll on a person.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    If your boss really wants rid of you that bad, he may be willing to assist you in your efforts to move on. Since he broached the subject, it seems perfectly fair in my reckoning to request his assistance in doing what he professes to want done. He may even be willing to write you a glowing recommendation and cry like his left testicle is being cut off with a rusty butter knife over the thought of losing you.

Top Bottom