Is this blatant racism or insider knowledge???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

I just read this small article: Police, Officials Resign After Small Missouri Town Elects First Black Female Mayor

In brief, the first black woman is elected to the Mayors office in Parma Missouri (pop <700). The results: 83% of the police force resigns, joined by the cities attorney, clerk, and water treatment supervisor.

On the surface this looks like it could be the "good ol' boys" taking their toys and going home, but I wonder if it is something else? At the same time, the newly elected mayor was the former city clerk, so perhaps she has a horrible character flaw that those who have worked around her are aware of...:dunno:

Any thoughts?

Regards,

Doug

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This will be interesting to say the least.
    The usual suspects will be along shortly.

Lets keep this thread going with good adult discussion please.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    They cited “safety concerns” in their resignation letters, according to Ramsey

Maybe. Maybe not. I'm sure its more interesting if we can make it into a racial debate though. If not, how else will we get a national audience to click on a story that is relevant only to 700 people in a place none of us have ever heard of, aren't going to, and care nothing about.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I would assume it's something to do with the person, not the skin... Otherwise I don't care to talk about it. I am interested to see what comes out on this though. It seems odd she would get elected if she was this poorly received however too, but I guess we've seen that before too!

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    Hum...Ok, I'll say it. I'm guessing they have reservations about a "Clerk" being able to be a "Mayor". Seems like a big jump to me.

Don't think it has anything to do with outward appearance but a lot to do with something said or done previously in her career with the city. I don't know her credentials since the reporter and news agency didn't feel like her qualifications were important for the story...funny because they chose to focus on two things about her that have nothing to do with whether she will be a good mayor or not. I guess that's not important "news"? Does she have prior experience running a business? Does she have a degree in business management? Or were the voters really over the 37 year term with the outgoing mayor??? Put away the big spoon and focus on the actual facts!

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    It's a tiny berg of a town, so maybe they know more about this than the rest of the outsiders, but -- as others have already speculated -- it'll almost certainly devolve into an all too predictable narrative, however flimsy the evidence for said narrative may be.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    :wow: The Huff (and it's always a LOT of 'huff') Post playing the race card... what a 'shocker'! :rolleyes:

i-feel-shocked.jpg

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So these guys walked out without even giving notice? And some cited safety concerns? Classy. It would appear the people of Parma are better off without city officials that walk off their jobs on a whim. What "character flaw" or "safety concerns" would INGO members deem as good enough to forgo giving 2 weeks notice?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Or, since the outgoing mayor had been in office for 37 years, maybe he and cronies thought it a good idea to get out if dodge before their "creative" funding and administration if the city was discovered.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    • Is this blatant racism or insider knowledge???
    • Yes, and
    • No

There's not enough there to have an opinion other than the opinion you bring (preformed) to the scenario. This says more about you than what's going on there. See, I have nothing much to add here, but t doesn't prevent me from going on and on about nothing. Only ChurchMouse can do that.

Don't hate me because I'm a wise *ss.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Too little information.
    Were all the officers/officials white? Maybe they were minorities?
    What were the aafety concerns? Maybe as a clerk she stated she would do stuff the officers/officials think would be detrimental?

Or, maybe they're racist.
    Aticle was very short on facts.

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    Or, since the outgoing mayor had been in office for 37 years, maybe he and cronies thought it a good idea to get out if dodge before their "creative" funding and administration if the city was discovered.
    so if the mayor has been in office the there must have been "creative" funding

do you have any evidence of this charge officer?
    or just jumping to conclusions based on a preconceived notion.

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Is she hot?

I remember thinking "who cares about Danica Patrick racing cars?" Then I saw her and was like....yes, makes sense now.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Didn't read the link, but when there's a change in administration (especially one that's been in power 20 years... oh... I mean 37), at least some employees resign because they know they won't be retained. Some are asked to voluntarily resign, so they don't get fired.

My gut reaction is that it is simply change in administration turnover, not racism or a character flaw. New boss gets new people.

I can see that being more dramatic in a small town, but the same thing happens all the time. How many Ballard employees do you think Hogsett will keep?

Top Bottom