Somebody at Dunham's in Bedford is gonna be angry.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Stopped in Dunham's after gorging at Golden Corral. I had a coupon for 10% off a box of ammo and figured I'd pick up some .308 so that I'll be ready to feed my Savage when it finally gets here.

Last time I was there, they had 100rd packs of Remington Golden Bullets for $10 so I bought two. I stopped by the gun counter and, to my dismay, only found match ammo that was $12-20/50rds. The clerk asked if he could help me and I told him I was looking for the Golden Bullet packs and that I couldn't justify the price on that ammo for what I was doing with it. He agreed and informed me that I'd probably have to be there when they were stocking to snag a few of the bulk packs. I thanked him and started to walk away.

"Wait a minute, a couple guys have a spot that they stash things that they don't want put on the shelf." I heard this from behind my back and turned around just in time to see him duck behind the counter. I thought he was playing with me at first but I just stood there. After a minute of rummaging around under the counter, he came up with a hidden box.

To the clerk, if you're on here, thank you. I'd give your name if I would've thought to get it. I'm glad there are a few honest people left in this world.

To the stasher, sorry about your luck. On one hand, I can see why you stashed it, I know what it's like when you see something you want but can't buy it until you get off. On the other hand, I don't appreciate it because it isn't really fair to the rest of us.

Feast your eyes folks:

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I'm glad the guy hooked the OP up but he should tell the people that are stashing the ammo to stop or he will report them. If I was the Mgr and caught someone stashing ammo the employee would be kicking their lunch box down the road after I fired them.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Golden bullets?

You should have taped a quarter to the box so when the other guy bought'em it wouldn't be a total loss.

Those suck and I wouldn't have bought 'em at $5 a brick. Glad you found some ammo though.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I just finished a box of 100 Golden Bullets, and I had not a single failure of any sort with them.
    They even grouped nearly as well as what my Marlin likes best: Winchester Wildcat and CCI Standard Velocity
    I've been told that Remington has greatly improved the quality of this particular line of ammo, and my past experience with several boxes of older production runs of the same ammo (my brothers and I all three had multiple misfires with the older ammo) leads me to believe that it's true.
    Great score.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I just finished a box of 100 Golden Bullets, and I had not a single failure of any sort with them.
    They even grouped nearly as well as what my Marlin likes best: Winchester Wildcat and CCI Standard Velocity
    I've been told that Remington has greatly improved the quality of this particular line of ammo, and my past experience with several boxes of older production runs of the same ammo (my brothers and I all three had multiple misfires with the older ammo) leads me to believe that it's true.
    Great score.

My 10/22 hates the Golden Bullets. My MKII loves them. (I have yet to find a brand it doesn't like.)
    I also have a 9 shot .22 revolver and with the older GB's, I can hear the difference between the rounds.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    There is something wrong with gun-related wholesale distribution in Indiana. Rimfire has been scarce at EVERY retailer here for MONTHS! Going on two years nearly?

This retailer in Ohio, a suburb of Columbus, had AT LEAST 50K rounds of 5 different brands of rimfire on the shelf with no posted limit! Vance Outdoors

I bought 2 boxes of Federal Automatch for 0.085 cents per round out the door; my friend bought 5 boxes. The guy behind the counter looked at me funny when I asked how they were able to get so much at one time with a shortage going on. He said they aren't having problems getting rimfire any more.

WTF???

Last edited:

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    There is something wrong with gun-related wholesale distribution in Indiana. Rimfire has been scarce at EVERY retailer here for MONTHS! Going on two years nearly?

This retailer in Ohio, a suburb of Columbus, had AT LEAST 50K rounds of 5 different brands of rimfire on the shelf with no posted limit! Vance Outdoors

I bought 2 boxes of Federal Automatch for 0.085 cents per round out the door; my friend bought 5 boxes. The guy behind the counter looked at me funny when I asked how they were able to get so much at one time with a shortage going on. He said they aren't having problems getting rimfire any more.

WTF???

Almost makes me wanna go to Ohio.

dshaf

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    That probably explains why wallyworld never has any. I was in Gander mountain in Avon yesterday and they had plenty of federal,Winchester M-22s, Remington 1400 count buckets etc....

Top Bottom