What happened to Profire Arms and Supply?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BOVindy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2015
    Carmel
    Like the title says, do any of you guys know what happened to Profire? More to the point, I ordered a charge-master and some CCI small rifle primers through them that were put on backorder. I need to know if I can still obtain said items or whether I'm screwed. Do you know whether they had an e-mail address that I can contact them through, as their phone line has been disconnected. Thank you for your time. -Ben

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    The closed the store on Rockville Road and moved over to west Washington street. They are now a internet based business. Your items should be able to be picked up as soon as they come in at the Washington street location. Andrew is a stand up guy. He is still on here...Aszerigan is his screen name if I recall.

BOVindy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2015
    Carmel
    Last time I tried to call they said the voicemail box said that the Washington street location had closed. Now the number listed on the website has been disconnected. Any help would be appreciated. -Ben

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    I sure hope this isn't as bad as it's starting to sound..."The Rise and Fall of Profire Arms"?

BOVindy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2015
    Carmel
    I did pay in advance. I ordered my entire reloading setup through Profire. Those items were part of my setup, but were put on back order by Grafs. (Graffs, does that sound like a thing?) I'm not in a huge hurry, but Rcbs has rebates on the chargemaster running through 2015 and the longer I wait to see what's going on with Profire, the less I feel like my order will be fulfilled. The primers are cheap enough that I might be able to begrudgingly write them off as a loss, but the chargemaster was $350. I just don't have the kind of cash to write that off.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I did pay in advance. I ordered my entire reloading setup through Profire. Those items were part of my setup, but were put on back order by Grafs. (Graffs, does that sound like a thing?) I'm not in a huge hurry, but Rcbs has rebates on the chargemaster running through 2015 and the longer I wait to see what's going on with Profire, the less I feel like my order will be fulfilled. The primers are cheap enough that I might be able to begrudgingly write them off as a loss, but the chargemaster was $350. I just don't have the kind of cash to write that off.

hopefully you paid by CC. I think that would be covered by a fraud dispute. (Even though I am sure the guys never intended to defraud you at the time and were not planning on folding if that is indeed what has happened)

partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    When I ordered my press last year through Profire Arms it took me a month to get it. They used to wait till they had a huge order to put in at Grafs and Sons and then they would drive a Uhaul truck down there to pick up the large order to save on hazmat fee's and the shipping cost for all the large reloading presses.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Too many questions and not enough answers with these guys.

All my reloading needs are now directed to Bobcat Steel. Great customer service and fast communication.

Rarejewell

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2015
    Metro Indy
    hopefully you paid by CC. I think that would be covered by a fraud dispute. (Even though I am sure the guys never intended to defraud you at the time and were not planning on folding if that is indeed what has happened)

I agree with ^^^. A number of years back I put a down payment/hold of $400 for a hall rental. They went out of business and didn't 'return my $ or my phone calls. I called my CC company and explained, and I had the money back on my card in short order. About 1 billing cycle if I remember correctly.

cctwcc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Bargersville
    The were at Parabellum a month ago for a machinegun shoot and are scheduled again tomorrow from 10 until ?.. You might try stopping by to see if they show up.

[FONT=&amp][/FONT]

Last edited:

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    On the schedule for 10AM like he said.. Everything seemed fine with them when they were there last month.

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]-- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT]
    Glock certified armorer- M&P Certified armorer [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&quot] /[/FONT][FONT=&quot] RSO[/FONT]

tem375

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 3, 2010
    I tried to go to their store about a month ago on the east side, drove 30 minutes after looking at the hours on there website only to see a sign on the door that said something to the effect of "retail location permanently closed". I was really disappointed that they could t take the time to update their website so that I didn't waste my gas money and time...

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In

Graf and Sons have small rifle primers on sale right now and they have been in stock for awhile. I spoke with a dealer friend and he had and has no problems getting primers. As others stated I'd contact my CC company ASAP.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Andrew always did right by me. That said, I hope he either fills the orders or refunds money. Going out of business or even bankruptcy is no excuse for paying debts, IMO. I'd bet he makes it right. We'll see.

I have an uncle that declared bankruptcy to get short term relief from debt. However, he spent the next 15 years paying back the people he owed, with interest, because it was the right thing to do.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Too many questions and not enough answers with these guys.

All my reloading needs are now directed to Bobcat Steel. Great customer service and fast communication.

Is this the group I saw in passing at the last 1500? I thought I saw some Dillon's on display? I'm bring a friend to the next 1500 that's interested in a Dillon.

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    Is this the group I saw in passing at the last 1500? I thought I saw some Dillon's on display? I'm bring a friend to the next 1500 that's interested in a Dillon.

Yes, that would be been us. We keep primers/powder/bullets/brass as well as Dillon equipment in stock. We will be in our normal location at the 1500 in two weeks.

Top Bottom