• ...and so much more!
  • Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    From leather concealment  wallet holster, .32 .380 kel-tec P32 P3AT 

Note: In the early 90's, a law was passed prohibiting a gun from being carried in a concealed container. The manufacturer contacted the ATF for a ruling on this holster. Because this holster does not place the gun in a container, the ATF ruled this holster is exempt from the this law and is available to consumers without any additional registration, tax stamps, etc.
    Click here to see and download the ATF document.

Even though they have an exemption letter that means nothing, the ATF is famous for using such letters only to have them counter-dict later and say that such device is illegal or falls under the NFA.

eirish2001

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2009
    Indianapolis
    From leather concealment* wallet holster, .32 .380 kel-tec P32 P3AT*

Note: In the early 90's, a law was passed prohibiting a gun from being carried in a concealed container. The manufacturer contacted the ATF for a ruling on this holster. Because this holster does not place the gun in a container, the ATF ruled this holster is exempt from the this law and is available to consumers without any additional registration, tax stamps, etc.
    Click here to see and download the ATF document.

Even though they have an exemption letter that means nothing, the ATF is famous for using such letters only to have them counter-dict later and say that such device is illegal or falls under the NFA.

Thanks for the info.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Back in the day at gunshows there were wallet guns available. I do think it is a grey issue now along the lines of AOW. Back in the 1980's they were for sale now none seem to be. These were older 1930's looking pieces. Some auto, derringer and small revolver.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Not a gray issue at all. BATFE has said specifically that a functioning firearm inside a wallet holster with a trigger hole is an AOW because it doesn't look like a gun, but fires a bullet. The holster and firearm separately are not restricted, it's when you put the two together.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Not a gray issue at all. BATFE has said specifically that a functioning firearm inside a wallet holster with a trigger hole is an AOW because it doesn't look like a gun, but fires a bullet. The holster and firearm separately are not restricted, it's when you put the two together.

I take it thats why i have not seen them. I have seen the wallets after that but never the whole setup.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I take it thats why i have not seen them. I have seen the wallets after that but never the whole setup.
    Net search turned this up:
    walletgun8_1__crop380w.jpg

Also, something similar for revolvers (sorta) - but without the trigger hole:

JframeLg.jpg

Seems a little hard to access ^. *shrugs*

purple72

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    Central Indiana
    They aren't hard to access at all. My LCP comes out pretty quick. It does take some practice and getting used to though. Nobody ever even notices that it looks like I'm carrying 2 wallets. Their mistake. It's nice to grab when the Kimber is sleeping.

Top Bottom