• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    Anyone have any experience with some good METAL detachable 30 round SKS mags? I have a Russian(even though I don't think it matters) and am exploring options. Your answer is NO, there is nothing wrong with my box magazine, just looking at other options. I see some from Pro Mag and Hitech online, just not sure how they are on quality.Thanks

sakima

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    New Albany, IN
    Detachable Mags

Several years ago, I went down the same road with a Norinco SKS. I had two different manufacturers metal mags. I do not recall the maker of either...sorry, but I think one may have been promag. One mag I purchased and one mag was given to me because a friend could not get it to feed. Both mags required some feed lip adjustment to function half-way reliable. I never got 100 percent reliability so I went with the Chinese fixed 20 round mag. It worked great and I used it until I sold the SKS.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Anyone have any experience with some good METAL detachable 30 round SKS mags? I have a Russian(even though I don't think it matters) and am exploring options. Your answer is NO, there is nothing wrong with my box magazine, just looking at other options. I see some from Pro Mag and Hitech online, just not sure how they are on quality.Thanks

I have two USA brand sks mags that work, I must have gotten the only two that work, I know that they sell some plastic MAGS

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Most of the metal mags need some tweaking and tuning to run well. If you are set on using a duckbill style mag, the only one that I can vouch for that runs 100% are that Tapco 20 round polymer mags.

Just remember that after you take the original mag out of the rifle, and add the after market mag, you now have to abide by the 10 or less rule of 922r for C&R rifles.

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    Most of the metal mags need some tweaking and tuning to run well. If you are set on using a duckbill style mag, the only one that I can vouch for that runs 100% are that Tapco 20 round polymer mags.

Just remember that after you take the original mag out of the rifle, and add the after market mag, you now have to abide by the 10 or less rule of 922r for C&R rifles.
    Yeah Sorry forgot to put the made in the US part in about the mags. If they weren't it would push me over 10 and cause me to have to buy more parts which I don't really want to right now.

Top Bottom