• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    My current one is a CE Pocket Pro. It is probably about three years old, You have to hit the button just right now for it to work and that can be a little annoying. You guys who shoot comp probably get a lot more use out of yours than I do though I have been using it more and more. I am sure everyone has their favorite brands, I bought this one because it looked simple to operate. It has done well until now. Do I replace it with the same thing or maybe something like a PACT Club?

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    CED 7000 is the best training timer there is. My first one lasted about 5 yrs, but a couple too many drops on concrete did it. I've had my current one for close to 5 yrs, still works great. Used for matches, personal practices, group practices, and lots of dryfire.

-rvb

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Thanks Ryan. It looks to be about the same price as the rest. Not that I wouldn't pay more for something that is better, but if you dont have to, bonus.

No problem.
    I have a rubber 'skin' on mine now... has survived a couple of drops (but fewer onto concrete since I finished my basement).

couple other threads:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/shooting-sports/127377-shot-timer.html
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/accessories-gear/146803-best-shot-timer.html

-rvb

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I'm guessing mine doesn't see the heavy use that yours do, but I've gone to an iPhone app that has proven to work for everything from an Airsoft pistol up to a .460 Rowland. It had the extreme benefit of being free...

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    CED 7000 is the best training timer there is. My first one lasted about 5 yrs, but a couple too many drops on concrete did it. I've had my current one for close to 5 yrs, still works great. Used for matches, personal practices, group practices, and lots of dryfire.

-rvb

So I have been nursing mine along but am ordering the CED tonight. Are you going to teach me how to use it. No, actually I was wondering, do you get the belt clip or use some other method?

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    So I have been nursing mine along but am ordering the CED tonight. Are you going to teach me how to use it. No, actually I was wondering, do you get the belt clip or use some other method?

Congrats! I just hold it when working as an RO. When practicing, I often use the belt clip. I slip it in my front pocket with the timer hanging upside down. The clip has a hinge and you can flip it up to easily see it w.o clipping/un-clipping it.

the skins are nice not only to protet against drops, but give it some grip...

I've used the arm band, but I like the belt clip better (heck I usually take my watch off too)

-rvb

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Our club timers are about 15 years old and starting to get sketchy

Ced 7k probably isn't the best for club use... So my advise would change in that case. Someone has to keep them charged (either bring them on match day or the range has to have power to keep them on a charger).

Our club uses the CE pocket pros. Seems we go through 9v batts all the time but at least powering a dead one is just a matter of putting in a new batt. I personally HATE those timers and use my own vs the club timer......

i like the pact club timers, except they just don't seem that durable...

-rvb

Top Bottom