• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    I think it's a little pricey for what it is... and you could get a decent concealable mag pouch for that much. I would have to see more reviews.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    It is pricey for what it is. I ordered one so I will report back. Typically I wear a nice OWB mag pouch, but I would prefer something more concealable. IWB pouches are painful for me. If I am still able to manipulate this well, it may be worthwhile.

Dave M

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2013
    United States
    Yes, I have one. Here's a short review I did a few weeks ago:

I recently came across this guy, the Snag Mag. The the name (more on that in a bit) gives the mental impression of a spare magazine which gets caught in thick Cosby sweaters and makes reloads cumbersome, foolish, and terrible. Thankfully, though the name isn't great, and is totally untrue (or at least doesn't live up to initial impressions).

It's a mag pouch. Yay, yippee, we've all seen spare mag pouches, right? This one is different. It's not a vertical magazine on the belt line (like most others) and it doesn't require a specific garment to cover. The SnagMag sits right in a pocket, ready to use when needed. No, it isn't some weird-ass horizontal terrible CCW reload but a vertical pouch, right in the pocket. From the outside, it looks just like anything else with an integrated pocket clip (knife, flashlight etc), Unless one is right on top of the person with a SnagMag, it's quite impossible to see what it actually holds (been wearing one daily for 3 weeks and no one has even given it a first, let alone third, glance). Jeans, Khakis, plaid shorts--doesn't matter it holds it. I even got drunk and stupid and did cartwheels and combat rolls in the backyard (sorry, no video) and it (the spare magazine) stayed in place just fine.

Where the name comes to place is that little hook you see. That's the, 'Snag' part of the SnagMag. That hook ensures the entire pouch doesn't come loose when the magazine is removed. To prevent total pouch removal one is told in the instructions to slightly pull to the rear when extracting said spare magazine out.

So far, I haven't ****ed that part up. According to the shot clock, having a SnagMag™ has been faster than having a regular, concealed, pistol pouch on the belt line.

Complaints: I already have a ton of **** that has pocket clips in my pockets: Surefire E2D (every day since 2003-04' or so), a Benchmade folder, and and Epi-Pen. Another pocket clip kinda makes me look, 'weird' (or weirder than I already look). I've already started changing by hanging my Epi-Pen from my neck to reduce this but name-brand Epi-Pens are pretty big (please, someone make .3mg Epi-Pens smaller!)
    In short: I like it but it's kind of expensive. Worth it but expensive.

wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Thanks for the review, Dave! Good stuff. I sometimes carry a spare g23 mag in my left pocket when I'm just bouncing to the store. I'd definitely consider this used in tandem with an IWB holster. I hate IWB mag pouches.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I think it's a little pricey for what it is... and you could get a decent concealable mag pouch for that much. I would have to see more reviews.
    that and I'd have to see one made for the gun I carry. It constantly amazes me that Rugers fail to get the nod for stuff. How many Ruger Owners does it take?

I carry a Ruger LC9 or a P345 (the first P345's made without a letter or letters) when I am not carrying a revolver, also a Ruger (SP101).
    So I guess I will pass plus it actually looks slower than my current ability to reload from a pocket mag holder. I guess I don't need new tricks unless they seem to give advantage which this doesn't appear to do.

Yeah, Epipens are a drag. But it beats the alternative. I'd like to see a smaller one myself.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    that and I'd have to see one made for the gun I carry. It constantly amazes me that Rugers fail to get the nod for stuff. How many Ruger Owners does it take?

I carry a Ruger LC9 or a P345 (the first P345's made without a letter or letters) when I am not carrying a revolver, also a Ruger (SP101).
    So I guess I will pass plus it actually looks slower than my current ability to reload from a pocket mag holder. I guess I don't need new tricks unless they seem to give advantage which this doesn't appear to do.

Yeah, Epipens are a drag. But it beats the alternative. I'd like to see a smaller one myself.

Well, I think it can just about equal the speed I get from my current spare mag carry location, but be less obtrusive. If it is between not carrying a spare mag in certain cases or carrying this in my pocket that gets pretty simple.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I'm interested, and while I know that they need to make some money, and are hopefully putting out a quality product, with a somewhat limited market, the price point is a factor for me currently. Not saying I could not be convinced, but for $40 and not being able to handle one in person easily, it is somewhat of a hard sell.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Man - if they were half the price, I'd buy two! (two different (yet similar...) carry guns = two different mag sizes.

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    Thanks for the heads-up, Mike. And Dave M, nice write-up! I think that qualifies as a "quality post." ;)

My only real concern would be the visibility of the baseplate of a double-stack mag. Isn't that sticking up and very visible, even though the bulk of the mag is concealed in the pocket?

Like others have opined, I think I'll wait until I can touch/feel/see on in person before buying one.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Thanks for the heads-up, Mike. And Dave M, nice write-up! I think that qualifies as a "quality post." ;)

My only real concern would be the visibility of the baseplate of a double-stack mag. Isn't that sticking up and very visible, even though the bulk of the mag is concealed in the pocket?

Like others have opined, I think I'll wait until I can touch/feel/see on in person before buying one.

Well you are close enough that we can work something out for you to touch/feel mine.:ugh: As far as seeing it goes, looking down at it from the wearers view I would say yes you can tell what it is. From the view of someone talking to you, unless they are really close, I don't think so. I will try to get some pics of that up.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    Well you are close enough that we can work something out for you to touch/feel mine.:ugh: As far as seeing it goes, looking down at it from the wearers view I would say yes you can tell what it is. From the view of someone talking to you, unless they are really close, I don't think so. I will try to get some pics of that up.
    That is my only concern too. I don't even have a problem spending that much on one if it isn't super obvious. The only other problem I am seeing is that I usually carry my pocket light clipped to my left pocket and my phone goes down in that pocket. I'm sure I could keep one of those, but there is no way my regular jeans pockets are going to hold a mag, a light, and my phone.

Top Bottom