• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Melen is right handed but left eye dominant. It makes it difficult for her to quickly aquire a target and shoot with a handgun. The obvious option is to train herself to shoot left handed, or to put a patch over her left eye to force her right eye to be used.

The less obvious answer is brand new gunsight called a Triple Occluder

We installed this gunsight last night with the help of a few friends at the cigar lounge last night during the NWI INGO 'Open Carry' NIGHT :yesway: Special thanks to Darkkevin for doing the actual work and to Wild Deuce for bringing the sight drifting tools. Darkkevin and Bill B both seemed to be impressed with the way the sight works, both, like my daughter, are cross eye dominant shooters.

Link to website => Triple Glock Occluder

It works by having vertical channels that allow you to center the gun and use both eyes.

Top view: You can see the sight channels and the fact that the 'dots' are moved well forward closer to the ejection port.
    image_zps402bbc9a.jpg

Rear view: Looking down on the sight from the rear of the gun.
    image_zps87272431.jpg

Side view: Angled side view looking into the sight channels.
    image_zps829d8733.jpg

Right side:
    image_zpsd57c596d.jpg

Left side:
    image_zps82970251.jpg

MONEY SHOT: Looking down the sight picture lining up the 3 dots.
    image_zps11dbf426.jpg

OFF CENTER: What your eyes see if you move the gun off to one side. At least 1, and sometimes 2, of the 3 dots are obscured by the sight channels.
    image_zpsc963ce86.jpg

Jarhead77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Noblesville
    Thanks for posting this. I've often wondered how it could possibly work and seeing these pictures make it cleat that this may be an answer for me as well..

SmokinSigs357

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dang it...I was there last night. I wish I would have known that such alchemy was being done...I am right handed and left eye dominant.

Curiosity has me wondering if this affects accuracy because of the new proximity of the sights and how holstering is affected due to its size, etc.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    although we obviously didn't fire it, I was truly impressed by it. I could actually see, and align, the sights with both eyes open. It allowed me to very quickly acquire a good sight picture with having to take the time to think about it. Now all I have to do is get one for my XD, without the wife knowing until it's a fait accompli.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Dang it...I was there last night. I wish I would have known that such alchemy was being done...I am right handed and left eye dominant.

Curiosity has me wondering if this affects accuracy because of the new proximity of the sights and how holstering is affected due to its size, etc.

Just like any other 3 dot sight, I think if you line up the dots you are good to go so I can't imagine any way that it would affect your accuracy other than to improve it by allowing you to see all 3 dots properly.

I will definitely be bringing this out to some of the NWI INGO MEET & SHOOT events so you can try it out and see if it works for you.

As for the holster, I can see that as an issue. I'm sure this will have to be carried in something like a simple slide holster, clearly nothing that has full coverage will work with this sight.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    To some degree doesn't this reduce the sight radius of your glock?

Yes it does, shortens the sight radius about 1.5 inches but it seems to work.

FOLLOW UP REPORT:
    While I bought this sight for my daughter to use (she is now away in college and can't take the gun on campus), I am now carrying this gun and I am not cross-eye-dominant. Seems to be a very fast sight. For self defense uses I don't see any real downside to the shorter sight radius, especially given the very short distances that a normal self-defense shooting would take place.

Several other INGO members have looked at, and shot, this gun with the Occluder sights and seem impressed. I know a couple that have purchased the sights.

Top Bottom