• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • david890

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Bloomington
    On the other hand, I would buy property in a location where I wouldn't have to worry about neighbors.

It's Palo Alto/Silicon Valley. There aren't any large properties available. The Zuck had to buy out his neighbors in order to get a piece of land that big, and even then, he had to replace the McMansions with smaller homes so as not to incur the wrath of the zoning board. He'll find a way to troll them. When George Lucas wanted to expand his ranch in Marin Co. for more production services, the zoning board didn't let him. So, he built low-income housing in one of the richest counties in America.

My late Mother had a HS friend who moved to Portola Valley (also near Palo Alto) in the 1960s to teach. She and her husband (also a teacher) bought a little, 1100-sq-ft home on a 1/2 acre lot. When they retired in the 1990s, they moved. That home sold for $900K. House bulldozed, apts put up.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    don mattingly (former ny yankee and current florida marlins coach) had a similar problem, his house here in Evansville had hilly roads around it, and in spots you could see over the fence and into his house, he asked the county council for a variance to make it taller and they refused his request.

I can understand both mz and dm's request, not because they're famous, but for privacy, I'd want the same for my family (and im only famous on ingo)

Top Bottom