• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • remymartin

Expert
    Jul 28, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Hey Brad, quick question about that 0300 I picked up from you. First... I absolutely love this thing. I beat the hell out of it and then some. I doubt I could break it if I tried. Anyway, my blade does not have a date code. Is that a new thing? Every ZT I have seen online has a date on it. I have a bunch of Kershaws with dates. Doesn't bother me in the least, But I'm just curious.

Bradsknives

Master
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Hey Brad, quick question about that 0300 I picked up from you. First... I absolutely love this thing. I beat the hell out of it and then some. I doubt I could break it if I tried. Anyway, my blade does not have a date code. Is that a new thing? Every ZT I have seen online has a date on it. I have a bunch of Kershaws with dates. Doesn't bother me in the least, But I'm just curious.

I really don't have a good answer for this, but I can tell you that some of knives that I have been getting lately from both ZT and Kershaw (basically the same company-KAI) have dates and others do not. :dunno: I'll make a call to my ZT rep and find out for you.....stay tuned!

Clay

Grandmaster
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    My 0302 has a serial number but no date. You dont really need a date if you have a serial number ;)

Bradsknives

Master
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Today I was able to talk with my KAI (KAI is the parent company that owns both Kershaw & Zero Tolerance) sales rep. All knives manufactured after July 2010 for both the Kershaw line and the Zero Tolerance line will not have a date code on the blade. So if you have a Kershaw or ZT knife with a date code on the blade you know it was made before July 2010. It was explained to me they did this for several reasons. One being for international sales (which I don't really understand why) and another is it's one less labor step in the manufacturing process.

mjrducky

Expert
    Jun 16, 2009
    North Liberty, IN
    Today I was able to talk with my KAI (KAI is the parent company that owns both Kershaw & Zero Tolerance) sales rep. All knives manufactured after July 2010 for both the Kershaw line and the Zero Tolerance line will not have a date code on the blade. So if you have a Kershaw or ZT knife with a date code on the blade you know it was made before July 2010. It was explained to me they did this for several reasons. One being for international sales (which I don't really understand why) and another is it's one less labor step in the manufacturing process.

It's possible that international dates are read different. Many overseas read the day, month, year. so 25/01/2011 doing it the way we are use to would just mess them up :D

Top Bottom