• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    I carried at Potowatomie zoo. I don't know if there were school groups there. Don't care. Will do it again, every time. Even if there are school groups there.

:p (that's for the zoo, not you)

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Would it be causing a scene to request a refund of your admission fee since you didn't find their rule visibly posted anywhere?:dunno:

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    Would it be causing a scene to request a refund of your admission fee since you didn't find their rule visibly posted anywhere?:dunno:

I am sure I wouldn't have gotten one. The only sign I saw was one that listed admission prices, hours, and said we reserve the right to refuse anybody admission.

I figured it went smoothly and I didn't want to cause a issue, the MCPD officer was a really nice guy(huge black guy, think it was Hightower from Police Academy....LOL) I wish I would have remembered his name.

I am all about standing up for our rights but I also understand the rights of private property owners so I didn't wanna raise a stink. Figured it was better to handle it with a level head and a high level of respect for others then I was shown. The more positive experiences the general public see from us gunowners the better, if I would have been loud or rude it would have just renforced the image the MSM tries to bestow upon us. And there were several people around us with children so I hope by my leaving when asked without becoming loud or trying to argue about my rights it has left a positive image burned into the other patrons heads.:)

+1 for the team

-100 MC Zoo

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Yes, school function = no gun, but the point of contention is "does it matter if you are a participant of that school function"?

Personally, I believe that you must be a participant in that function for it to be illegal. Just because you are at a venue that is also occupied by a school function should not mean that you can't carry there, since you have no part in the event.

Here is some helpful reading:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...nse/22704-indianapolis_children_s_museum.html

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ense/20764-carry_in_indianapolis_museums.html

Gotta agree with Escrice here. You are not part of the school function at a public venue, you are not bound to the school function statute. Otherwise, we carriers would be constantly runnig to put our guns in the car at many public venues when school children show up. Also, how many children would make a school function? You are safe as long as they are not on school grounds.

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    This probably works like a restraining order case as far as who is where first and "how close" you can be before it's considered in the same area or at the same place.

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    The Michigan City zoo is NOT gun freindly found this out today.

It was cool when we left so I had on a light jacket. Was more or less CCing.

We were in the reptile house when the GF says tie your boot before you trip.

I bend over to tie my boot and the grip of my XD must have popped out from under my jacket.

We exit the reptile house...

SO you were in with the SNAKES and you bent over to tie your shoe and your shirt rode up in th back. Are you sure it wasn't the CRACK that they were objecting to having to LOOK at? :laugh: Ya know there are just so many jokes hidden in this post I am going to leave them be, otherwise mikea might get pissed at me. ;)

Greg

danmrt868

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    ft. wayne
    i carried at the fortwayne's childrens zoo (OC btw) and had no issues and there were at least 40 buses there with kids from everywhere maybe u should go there instead next time

iwork4pepsi

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I recently spoke to an old buddy of mine, who is a MCPD officer and has been for about 20 years. I asked him what MCPD's view was on OC vs CC. He said in Michigan City, your best bet is to keep it covered up. This town increases in size through the summer months by at least 33% from all of the tourists/summer home owners from Illinois (Chicago). I believe that the locals wouldn't really cause a scene if they were to see someone OC, but the gun shy Chicagoans might freak out. They are only used to seeing LEO's and gangbangers packing, thanks to the strict gun laws there. We have our own issues here with both Gary and Chicago being so close. I thank God we have not had our rights taken away here in Indiana. So, if its CC they desire, well, I guess I'll just stick to CC.

Flyguy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Rural Franklin
    I recently spoke to an old buddy of mine, who is a MCPD officer and has been for about 20 years. I asked him what MCPD's view was on OC vs CC. He said in Michigan City, your best bet is to keep it covered up. This town increases in size through the summer months by at least 33% from all of the tourists/summer home owners from Illinois (Chicago). I believe that the locals wouldn't really cause a scene if they were to see someone OC, but the gun shy Chicagoans might freak out. They are only used to seeing LEO's and gangbangers packing, thanks to the strict gun laws there. We have our own issues here with both Gary and Chicago being so close. I thank God we have not had our rights taken away here in Indiana. So, if its CC they desire, well, I guess I'll just stick to CC.

Last I heard Gary is in Indiana. I may be missing something here. :dunno:

Top Bottom