• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    I played hockey 20 years ago. You could get wood or aluminum sticks. The most expensive thing was skates from $300-$400 for a decent pair. I'm getting my kids into skating so I take a look at the pro shop at the rink after some public skating. $300 graphite sticks. $300 youth helmets. $750-$1000 skates. WTF

Hockey was always an expensive sport but this is insane. Guy told me if you can find a wood stick these days they are about $50. WTF.

I guess I'm off to pay it again sports. I checked craigslist and not much. Anyone have a lead on youth equipment?

weedsnager

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 28, 2013
    Winfield, In
    A pro shop at a rink is going to be the most expensive place you could possibly buy hockey gear. $300 for a youth helmet ??? If you must have new, buy online or go to a total hockey or dicks sporting goods

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Play it Again Sports is your best bet for youth stuff because it's going to be gently used since kids grow out of it so fast. There's one in Carmel on AAA Way that's well stocked (near Rangeline rd and Carmel Drive.)

There's also a new hockey superstore in Indy called Perani's on 96th street and Allisonville near the Walmart. Prices there aren't too terrible. It's worth going just to try stuff on even if you plan to order online. I also think they price match.

You should also be able to find wooden sticks for between $35-40. You might have to get an adult stick and cut it down. Personally I wouldn't waste my money on composite sticks for kids until they get into Bantam or H.S. hockey. It won't make any difference at the mite, squirt or pee wee level.

flintlock9

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2013
    Indy
    This was years ago but i found some good wooden sticks at Playit Again, but i don't have a slap shot so i never tried it with them. I don't know how they would hold up to someone who really liked to let it fly. Hockeymonkey was where i got most of my stuff. I'm still using the same pants i had back in highschool 20 years ago!

Top Bottom